Etoupe and Gris T......different enought to own both colors?

Etoupe & Gris T:Different Enought to own both colors?

• Yes, they are different enought to own both

• No, they are too similar. Don't waste your money.

Results are only viewable after voting.

wintotty

O.G.
Jan 24, 2006
I have Etoupe TC SB, which I love. I usually wear natural colored clothes, and it goes so well with pretty much everything. I've always wondered how different Etoupe and Gris T are? I see Gris T has less brown undertone and a bit lighter? I have an opportunity to own a Gris T Togo 35 Birkin, but wondering if they are different enough?

Any pics or opinions are appreciated!!

Thank you:P

Personally, I think the difference in the two is so subtle, that I couldn't justify keeping both. I wound up returning my gris t. I'll see if I can find my pictures for you.

I think that they both look so different, and there are plenty of reasons to own both...... here are two links for Birkin in Etoupe and Gris T for you to compare..........

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-HERMES-BIRKIN-30CM-GRIS-TOURTERELLE-TOGO-BNIB_W0QQitemZ120544962852QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWomen_s_Bags?hash=item1c110a2924

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-HERMES-BIRKIN-ETOUPE-CLEMENCE-PALLADIUM-35_W0QQitemZ120544963503QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWomen_s_Bags?hash=item1c110a2baf

MOD: if posting of an Ebay link is not allowed , please delete........

wintotty, as soon as I saw the title of your thread, I thought of purseinsanity's recent dilemma with having etoupe and gris t (picture below)!

I feel they are too similar. Are you looking for another neutral to your already awesome collection? If so, maybe parchemin? It would be more in the middle between your etoupe SB and white birkin. HTH!
IMG_1288.jpg

They are different. Here are my comparison shots for fun.

I got a 35 Etoupe first and then could not resist an elegant look of 30 Gris T. A few weeks ago, all of a sudden I wanted to give up my Gris T coz it was barely used as everyday I was in a rush without any chances of pairing it with elegant outfits.

In my opinion, Etoupe is nice; Gris T is very beautiful.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GrisT and Etoupe.jpg
    GrisT and Etoupe.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 3,725
I voted for No, don't get both. The colours are just too similar for me.

However, it is another story if you are getting it in another style of bag. From your list, if your etoupe is a SBII, then I think you are not wasting your money if you get a GrisT birkin.

smokycake you look great!

They are different. Here are my comparison shots for fun.

I got a 35 Etoupe first and then could not resist an elegant look of 30 Gris T. A few weeks ago, all of a sudden I wanted to give up my Gris T coz it was barely used as everyday I was in a rush without any chances of pairing it with elegant outfits.

In my opinion, Etoupe is nice; Gris T is very beautiful.

attachment.php

so different, imo. smokycake, these two pics show perfectly how different the colors are and how different the vibe is between the two. You look gorgeous in both, btw!

the advice of having two colors in two different bag styles, a Birkin or Kelly, makes sense (I have etoupe swift Kelly and gris t Birkin and get a different result, with different outfits, for each color). But even choosing two Birkins in etoupe and gris t would work; I feel the colors are different enough. Etoupe satisfies all the brown toned clothes and gris t is better with greys and lighter clothes, like spring whites or pastels.

good luck on your decision!

Last edited:
I think it's ok to get the gris T birkin, since the Etoupe you have is a totally different bag - SB, I found another pic at the ref thread for you to look at:

Left is Gris T 35, right is Etoupe 30, both Clemence:

attachment.php