Eternity Band

Kimf79

Aug 4, 2009
Hello,

I've been pretty much lusting after a nice chunky eternity band for a few years now, and hopefully its in my near future to get it. I have something looks-wise in mind - see link below in instagram. I think you will have to choose to open in app:

https://instagram.com/p/BBgUiKUkJBD/

I'd be looking for probably about .30 stones and my ring size is 3.75. What stats (4 C's) do you think it takes to make it look this good? I have some in mind but would like to hear other thoughts. Any ideas of what to expect with pricing on an item like this - I'm interested in white gold setting. and finally if you know of any great well priced jewelers in LA to check out in jewelry district please let me know. Thank you!!!

Reactions: K_couture
Stones of that size will certainly make for a chunky eternity! Have you tried one on of that size? Just be sure it is a size you are comfortable wearing, especially if you plan on wearing every day. I am a pretty dedicated jewellery lover so I would learn to accommodate and consider a chunky ring but some people find themselves concerned about damage, the implications of lifting heavy grocery bags etc.
It may be worth considering the option of a three quarter eternity to help reduce any potential discomfort factor, and that would also help tackle the resizing issue that comes with eternity rings as well. Just a thought.
I have found three quarter eternities quite practical and beautiful but I think full eternities might be more of a 'thing' in the USA than where I live. The idea of a ring that never appears to have spun and never needs to be centred is also very attractive to a lot of people.

I have a channel set eternity band, and I love it. I had my engagement ring also reset to a channel setting. I like to wear my rings all the time, and found having them both reset to channel makes them so much more practical. They are so low set and without claws, never get caught on anything and more durable for everyday wearing.
3FCA27C9-2A93-4B9E-934A-680EEFFEE9F1.JPG 52D488E2-6792-4727-9E3C-15330BA63616.jpg

Reactions: meluvs2shop
I tried a 4 carat one on at Gold Old Gold and it was gorgeous! It would be my holy grail jewelry piece. Maybe for a big anniversary and after my children have grown. But, here it is:band and ER.pngband 3.pngband and ER.png
ETA: My ring size is 7.5 this ring was a 7. Color was a D and it was VVS. I think it was the perfect ring. I think the cut wold be the first noticeable feature.

Attachments

• Untitled band.pdf
    625.8 KB · Views: 30
  • band 2.png
    band 2.png
    390 KB · Views: 704
Reactions: meluvs2shop
Two thoughts............I love both Rockhollow and StaceyJan's rings!
A channel setting protects the diamonds better but not as much light saturation, the prong setting offers more light saturation but the diamonds aren't as protected especially the back diamonds.
Have you considered a 3/4 eternity if you are interested in a prong setting? You can also have it sized down the road in case your finger changes in size.

I'm debating getting an eternity band (as was noted on another thread, my engagement rings are long gone, also long story :hrmm:) and if I go with just one ring instead of getting a replacement engagement ring and band, I had this one in mind. It's got more of a contemporary feel rather than being a classic eternity ring. It's based on a design by Simon G, I believe. A local jeweler will make it for me -- will do rose or yellow gold but it could easily be made in WG or even platinum.
custom ering.png custom ering hand.png

I fell in love with an ascher style eternity band many years ago! My goodness that thing was gorgeous! I have an eternity wedding band that I love but it's snug now. Still wear it but not as comfy and it can't be resized. But I love the style.

I'm debating getting an eternity band (as was noted on another thread, my engagement rings are long gone, also long story :hrmm:) and if I go with just one ring instead of getting a replacement engagement ring and band, I had this one in mind. It's got more of a contemporary feel rather than being a classic eternity ring. It's based on a design by Simon G, I believe. A local jeweler will make it for me -- will do rose or yellow gold but it could easily be made in WG or even platinum.
View attachment 3807247 View attachment 3807248

I think this is a bluenile design. I love this ring!

Reactions: chessmont
I have a single prong 2 carat eternity ring. It's in a floating U prong setting so most of the stones are exposed with no metal in side profile. I love it, but it isn't always the best for every day. It is comfy for the most part, but it can be irritating to the adjacent fingers. I wear a thin diamond whisper band from Brilliant Earth for times when an eternity wouldnt make sense. Like carrying heavy things etc. Bad pic: IMG_1503970278.609599.jpg