ETain or Etoupe Evelyn

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. HI Guys I just got an ETain Evelyn and wondering if I should keep or try to exchange for one in Etoupe. I didn't realize I ordered the ETain color until I already purchased! The colors were similar on screen. I like the darkness of the Etain, but Always loved Etoupe based on all the pics I've seen. Thoughts? Opinions? TIA!!

2. #2 Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Congrats on your Evelyne! Here is a thread showing and discussing the differences between Etain and Etoupe. Both are lovely! If you tend to wear jeans a lot, because the Etoupe is a lighter color, you *might* actually be very happy with the fact that Etain is a bit darker and probably less likely to have color transfer.

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/which-color-would-you-pick-for-evelyne-924168-1.html#post29318045

3. I faced the same dilemma when I got my Etoupe Evie -- looked at Etain, Etoupe, and Vert de Gris. Went with Etoupe partly because it was my first choice going in and it goes with everything, and partly because I love contrast stitching. No regrets! I also live in jeans and have not had any issues with color transfer.

4. Etoupe!!! For the contrast stitching.

5. +1! I agree, the contrast stitching is the best part of Etoupe.

6. Etoupe. Not a fan of etain

7. I have several Etoupe bags and an Evelyne in Etain. I think Etain goes with everything..its slightly darker and can easily be used all year. I think Etoupe as more as a warm weather color. Keep the Etain!

8. I love both, it really depends on your personal preference!

9. #9 Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Such a tough decision! I love both colors but got an Etain Evelyn last month. It seems to work the best for me but every time I see an Etoupe I love it too!

10. Thanks for the input everyone! I think I like etoupe better bc of the contrast stitching from pics but my boutique doesn't have the PM size so I guess it wasn't meant to be! SA said Etain was also a hard color to find and I should keep it so Etain it is!

11. Great decision!!
    Etain has more gray. It will go with everything!!
    Love this color and the Evelyn is such a great bag.

12. i agree. you can find etoupe evelyne readily

13. So happy you are getting etain! I have an etain B and I love that grey ! You won't be disappointed! It's a fabulous color!!

14. Yes etain

15. Etain gets my vote. Cleaner and ease of use