Etain Evelyne

Julide

Ahh Money Penny...
O.G.
Aug 23, 2007
I think it was the right decison not to take this second Evelyne. Etoupe and étain in the same leather on top of that, are so similar that you can tell the difference only when you put them side by side. These two colors are very very similar. The only leathers where I have found that Etain appears to be significantly different from Etoupe are Swift and Tadelakt. Swift and Tadelkt are two leathers that are know to strongly absorb color pigments, and the result is a darker and more grey shade of étain.
Hermès still has to come out with the gray that is really THE great medium gray that many of us wish for I am afraid.
In the meanwhile I wish i could mix and shake graphite, gris tourterelle and Etoupe (or Etain. That would more or less be the perfect shade for me ;)
I totally agree. Etain in swift is more a medium grey with slightly less brown to it. But H has yet to make a true neutral medium grey:girlsigh:one day soon...I hope!!:flowers:

Vinia

Dec 29, 2011
H closet
dxs said:
Here is the picture of Hermes Evelyne Etain in Clemence
Dxs love your look wearing the etain. I love greys just don't see much around me. There are more candy colours than neutrals

Lvgirl71

O.G.
Sep 14, 2011
purseinsanity said:
Here are some pics of mine. Maybe they'll help?

Etain Clemence w/GHW on left, Graphite Togo w/GHW on right:

Etoupe Togo w/PHW in back, Gris T Togo w/PHW in front:
Wow love your B's, I personally love the Etain the best!!

dxs

Jul 9, 2012
Asia
Thank you every one. Purseinsanity, thank you for posting the picture, I am offered by my SA graphite so kelly and I am looking comparison picture of etain n graphite. Thanks so much