Estrela or Retiro

Meesh202

Feb 6, 2015
I recently decided I like the Estrela and Retiro. What do you like about these bags? Pros? Cons? Looking for inside of what you like or don't like. Anyone buy either and sell them? I'm trying not to buy both:smile:)) Thanks in advance everyone!!!

I have the retiro and I absolutely love it! One of my best LV buys. No major complaints. Easy to use. Only slight draw back is that when you carry it handheld, the shoulder strap dangles long because of its length. I get around this by placing the shoulder strap in between the handheld handles before carrying. HTH

I love both these bags but went for the Retiro and I am really happy with the choice. I preferred the more boxy shape of the Retiro (like the older Estrela) do not think the winged sides of new one look so good when using the long strap. For info I am 5'7 and handle does not drag on floor but I do have it on shortest hole as for me it is not a cross body bag and shortest length is great on shoulder. Good luck choosing and I am sure you will love either [emoji166]

I have both and I do prefer the Retiro. I am keeping the Estrela mostly for travel. As lynnb said, it looks a little off when carried by the shoulder strap. It causes the sides to pull in and distorts the bag. I do love the fact that it zips and holds a lot, making it a great travel bag. But overall, I have to say the Retiro is a great bag and if I had to choose between the two now, I would not hesitate to go with it.

As an interesting side note, I just purchased the Phenix in epi and was told by LV not to use the shoulder strap as it was designed. Instead of using the attachment points on inside of the bag, to use the square rings on the shorter handles as attachment points for the longer strap. To me the Phenix is just a smaller Estrela with a magnetic closure. It must be an acknowledgement that using the strap the way it was designed distorts the bag. Although personally I don't think using the square rings makes any sense to me. It seems like that would damage the short handles over time. For years LV said not to use the square rings to attach a strap to the Speedy for that very reason.

I have the Estrela. The only con I see is the shoulder straps when attached distorts the bag and make me afraid that over time it will damage the canvas. I never use the strap so it wasn't a deal breaker for me. It makes a great shoulder bag.

I have both and really like both but i dont wear the estrela with the long strap because the sides cave in and it looks odd to me. The retiro looks alot better wearing with a strap but the estrela is very comfortable with the straps on the shoulder...

i have the Retiro and prefer the boxy look vs the tote style of the Estrela. I like the fact the Retiro keeps it shape even while wearing it cross body. the Estrela remind me a lot of the Lumineuse and i don't like how it look cross body with the strap pulling the sides up and distorting the bag.

Thank you everyone for your insight and feedback. I greatly appreciate it. I'm heading g to the store this week to grab one! Probally the Retiro. I have quite a few totes and probally dont "need" another. Thanks so much!!!😘

I was also deciding between the estrela and retiro, and ended up getting the estrela. For me, I can get more use out of it since it's big enough to use as a work tote. The retiro is a bit too small for me to use for work (I would only be able to carry it on the weekends). As everyone else has mentioned, the estrela's shoulder straps are extremely comfortable. I don't really use the crossbody strap unless the bag has only a few things in it. I think the crossbody strap (on both the estrela and retiro) is a bit too thin to support a fully-stuffed bag. At least with the estrela, you can use the shoulder straps. I also think the winged shape of the estrela is slightly more modern than the more classic bowler/satchel shape of the retiro. So it really comes down to what you intend to use the bag for, and what appeals to you aesthetically. You can't go wrong with either bag--they're both gorgeous! Good luck and please let us know which one you end up choosing!

Reactions: siriloveslv
I recently decided I like the Estrela and Retiro. What do you like about these bags? Pros? Cons? Looking for inside of what you like or don't like. Anyone buy either and sell them? I'm trying not to buy both:smile:)) Thanks in advance everyone!!!

I have the old version of the Retiro and I LOVE it. It's a fancier, more functional version of the Speedy Bandouliere.

I like them both. ( still deciding). I want mine to be made in France and it seems that the Retiro is more available to me with the France origin. The Estrela (made in France) seems hard to get other than brand new in the LV store. I am a (like new pre-loved) buyer with a reduced plus and tax free.

Reactions: Coco_chanel168