Estate Tiffany and Co 2.80 ct

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was in a jewelry store over the weekend and found an estate Tiffany and Co, 2.80 ct round center (G, VVS2) flanked by side baguettes (.25 TCW E-F VS1) set in platinum. It is absolutley gorgeous (sorry I have no digital photos). The boutique is selling it for $69,600 which includes a custom wedding band (also platinum). Does anyone know what a similar ring would sell for new, today at Tiffany's?

2. I am not sure on the pricing, the tiffany ring you describe might be around 1/3 more instore, I would take a look at pricescope.com and ask them, they are really helpful. Another good company to keep your eye out on is www.signedpieces.com

3. :wtf:

4. That is a good deal. My 1.3 D/IF from Tiffany right now is $60,000 and a bit already (not including the cost of plain platinum band which is another £980/~$2,000) so a 2.8 ct one with platinum band is a good deal assuming that you don't mind that it may be curse, LOL.

EDIT: OK, seen the link (in passing) - may be it is not a good deal after all!

5. Oh, old jewelry can be cursed rite? Tat's actually a valid point to me. No point splurging so much money and ending up with bad luck and possession lol. Lol I m actually quite paranoid abt such things. Its not helpful that so many precious gems have so many haunted stories. Tats why I dont like to live in secondhand houses either... u wouldn't know who died there.

But if its an old ring from my forefathers, I wouldn't mind. Lol.

6. If you must have the Tiffany name, then keep looking but you can get the same specs much cheaper at a wholesale jeweler. Just my 2 cents ...

7. Some antique jewelery is ok to me, but honestly, regardless of the bargain, I would NEVER want my wedding rings to have belonged to someone else unless it was a family member who wanted me to have them, and even then I would still rather have my own to actually be married with.....

8. ITA.

That doesn't rule out wearing it on the right hand, though! ;)

Bee bee, I would love to see your Tiffany e-ring. It sounds very similar to me and Tweety's rings.

9. Oh, I'm not interested in the wedding band, only the e-ring. It is a lovely, and I love the way the side baguettes are set - it is very unlike brand new rings today (I wish I had a photo to share!). To someone else's question - I'm not stuck on the Tiffany brand in the slightest, so that is a good tip to keep looking. I'm still curious though what this would retail for new, I think I'll call the New York store to get an estimate.

10. Thanks so much for sending that link! I've never seen the Signedpieces site before - it is fun!

11. My engagement ring was purchased in late 2002 from a wholesaler. It's a 2.11 carat princess and is a J/VVS1. Granted, the economy was very bad at the time, but even with its platinum setting we got it for just under $8K. There are tons of threads about Tiffany vs. other places to buy rings, everyone has their own opinion on whether or not a Tiffany would work for them. For me, I got a bigger stone for our budget which is what I wanted to do.

12. $69k is very, very high for a pre-owned Tiffany Ring with those specs. Just my opinion.

13. That's a lot of money for a 2.8 ct stone brand name or not.

14. Wow, that is one pricey ring!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice