Establishing a SA connection? Help?

Mar 9, 2019
Hey everyone, hopefully some of you Coach fanatics can help me with this one! I've buying Coach since I was in high school, but most of the bigger purchases (Drifter, Edie, Swagger) have been under my dad's name due to them mainly being Christmas/birthday presents. Under my name it's mainly SLGs from boutique and outlet.

I've tried to establish a connection with a SA, but most of the ones working at my specific boutique are snooty. I won't get into it, but I've had poor experiences with 3 of them to the point I had to call HQ. The ladies at the Outlet are very sweet, but seem not to know a lot about boutique bags? (Ex: Having to explain to a SA the difference between Drifter and Faye) Also they're always in the backroom during slow hours, which is when I go since it's in a tourist area.

I want to be able to call or text someone to locate a bag, whether it be in the boutique or outlet. However, I feel kinda silly just walking into a store and start inquiring about bags if no one in there knows who I am. At the boutique they told me they cannot do a bag search when this forum OBVIOUSLY says otherwise.

I just need some help LOL. I love the brand so I want to have some sort of connection. I only have 1 boutique and 1 outlet so my options are rather limited. I keep seeing the bags you ladies are grabbing thanks to your SAs searching and it makes me so jealous!!!

Reactions: holiday123

Diva_Trey

Jun 16, 2013
What area are you looking in?

Hey everyone, hopefully some of you Coach fanatics can help me with this one! I've buying Coach since I was in high school, but most of the bigger purchases (Drifter, Edie, Swagger) have been under my dad's name due to them mainly being Christmas/birthday presents. Under my name it's mainly SLGs from boutique and outlet.

I've tried to establish a connection with a SA, but most of the ones working at my specific boutique are snooty. I won't get into it, but I've had poor experiences with 3 of them to the point I had to call HQ. The ladies at the Outlet are very sweet, but seem not to know a lot about boutique bags? (Ex: Having to explain to a SA the difference between Drifter and Faye) Also they're always in the backroom during slow hours, which is when I go since it's in a tourist area.

I want to be able to call or text someone to locate a bag, whether it be in the boutique or outlet. However, I feel kinda silly just walking into a store and start inquiring about bags if no one in there knows who I am. At the boutique they told me they cannot do a bag search when this forum OBVIOUSLY says otherwise.

I just need some help LOL. I love the brand so I want to have some sort of connection. I only have 1 boutique and 1 outlet so my options are rather limited. I keep seeing the bags you ladies are grabbing thanks to your SAs searching and it makes me so jealous!!!

CoachMaven

Unintentional Trendsetter...
O.G.
May 7, 2012
Honestly, how I developed my relationship with my SA was purely accidental. We just struck up a conversation and I told her what items I was interested in, and if she could put me down on her client list to notify me if it would be going on sale later in the year. It progressed from there with emails, and now she texts me about sales and if/when I am looking for something specific. I would suggest that if there is something you really love, ask them to put you on their client list and they usually will notify you of deals and events that way.

Reactions: Teagaggle

LaVisioneer

Apr 3, 2018
What makes Coach CS frustrating is every store seems to have different policies. And CS on the phone tells you something different than the SAs in the store.

I've had a similar experience as you where the SAs were either too pushy or too snotty. My local store is very small, so they have a terrible selection, so I have only ever ordered online. The outlets are too far for me; the only times I've gone is to return items I disliked from FOS.

However, my name did get put on some list when I asked to get emails about sales in the store and now I get PCEs. But then an SA emailed me about bags clearly meant for someone else:lol::facepalm:so who knows they might think I'm someone else

This is not helpful to you, but at least you are not alone!

Alexa5

O.G.
Nov 2, 2011
What makes Coach CS frustrating is every store seems to have different policies. And CS on the phone tells you something different than the SAs in the store.

I've had a similar experience as you where the SAs were either too pushy or too snotty. My local store is very small, so they have a terrible selection, so I have only ever ordered online. The outlets are too far for me; the only times I've gone is to return items I disliked from FOS.

However, my name did get put on some list when I asked to get emails about sales in the store and now I get PCEs. But then an SA emailed me about bags clearly meant for someone else:lol::facepalm:so who knows they might think I'm someone else

This is not helpful to you, but at least you are not alone!
That sounds like the chaos of my store. I can see them sending me an email intended for someone else. lol I mean they sent me a gift in the mail one time, and I hardly buy there. I also don't like how on the one hand they want to sell something, then on the other hand they try to be snooty about upcoming sales as if, not sure you will be invited. Then Coach predictably has a code for everyone to use, so they look like idiots.

Reactions: PurseUOut

Icing_Time

Feb 19, 2016
I've always been the type that likes to quietly go in and browse unbothered (because I don't always go in with the intention to purchase that day), but I recently realized that it's the wrong approach. You have to go in with an open, interested mentality, even if you're not necessarily going to buy something.

I have learned that it's not good to go in with the mindset that they have to work to earn your business - it's actually a two way street. Your expressing enthusiasm and interest in the product helps them be helpful in return. Your appreciation for the bag, store, and SA's will give them the energy and enthusiasm to help you. It does not need to be forced, but you should try to be polite, warm, and a bit engaged with them. In time, you'll be a regular face and your relationship can develop organically from there. ;)

This is what I preach, but something I have to work on myself! I'm a bit too reserved as an individual.