Essay: Fake LV Fruit Salad

Buttery

O.G.
Nov 21, 2005
Today, I think I may have seen the fake of all fakes...An LV backpack with cherries and grapes.

Purple grapes.

The backpack had red straps. I got closer to make sure that I saw the LV's behind the cherries and grapes. Yes, LV was on the bag. It looked like a fake LV fruit salad.

As I stated above, the bag had red straps. The bag had red piping. The bag also had a plastic red cherry and a plastic purple grape hanging from it. :sick:

Soooooo badly, I wanted to snap it with my camera phone. It was on a whole different level. I don't think I've ever seen a fake that could top that one. Okay...I did see a fake LV on which the monogram canvas was turning green, but still, this fruit salad fake was fake with no apologies. It was the Liberace of fakes...I was waiting for a grand piano to appear so that the fake would start playing it.

Another thing I noticed: the cherries looked as if they were furious at the grapes, but the grapes looked so happy, as if they were completely oblivious to the mood of the cherries...The owner kept pulling it up over her shoulder because one of the red straps kept slipping. This bag just wouldn't stay put. To me, the bag was exhibiting a few signs of bipolar disorder: Increased energy, activity, and restlessness; excessively "high," overly good, euphoric mood (grapes), provocative, intrusive, or aggressive behavior (cherries), unrealistic beliefs in one's abilities and powers:amuse: , etc.

Then, I started thinking about all of the effort that went into this fake. I hate fakes, but I felt a little sorry for it...I imagine that all bags want to be fabulous...But there comes a day when most realize, "Damn...I'm not a Chanel. I'm just a Dooney and Bourke. But at least I'm not fake." I started to imagine what this bag would feel like when it realizes that it's not the real thing...will the grapes still smile? Will the cherries laugh as if to say to the grapes, "See, I told you that our life was sh@t." As long as that bag never sees the real thing, it will be okay, I thought.

As I was thinking this, the bag's owner walked away and the man behind the Subway counter said, "Hi! What can I get you?"

I said, "I'll have the fake salad."

:shame:

:lol:

Buttery said:
Today, I think I may have seen the fake of all fakes...An LV backpack with cherries and grapes.

Purple grapes.

The backpack had red straps. I got closer to make sure that I saw the LV's behind the cherries and grapes. Yes, LV was on the bag. It looked like a fake LV fruit salad.

As I stated above, the bag had red straps. The bag had red piping. The bag also had a plastic red cherry and a plastic purple grape hanging from it. :sick:

Soooooo badly, I wanted to snap it with my camera phone. It was on a whole different level. I don't think I've ever seen a fake that could top that one. Okay...I did see a fake LV on which the monogram canvas was turning green, but still, this fruit salad fake was fake with no apologies. It was the Liberace of fakes...I was waiting for a grand piano to appear so that the fake would start playing it.

Another thing I noticed: the cherries looked as if they were furious at the grapes, but the grapes looked so happy, as if they were completely oblivious to the mood of the cherries...The owner kept pulling it up over her shoulder because one of the red straps kept slipping. This bag just wouldn't stay put. To me, the bag was exhibiting a few signs of bipolar disorder: Increased energy, activity, and restlessness; excessively "high," overly good, euphoric mood (grapes), provocative, intrusive, or aggressive behavior (cherries), unrealistic beliefs in one's abilities and powers:amuse: , etc.

Then, I started thinking about all of the effort that went into this fake. I hate fakes, but I felt a little sorry for it...I imagine that all bags want to be fabulous...But there comes a day when most realize, "Damn...I'm not a Chanel. I'm just a Dooney and Bourke. But at least I'm not fake." I started to imagine what this bag would feel like when it realizes that it's not the real thing...will the grapes still smile? Will the cherries laugh as if to say to the grapes, "See, I told you that our life was sh@t." As long as that bag never sees the real thing, it will be okay, I thought.

As I was thinking this, the bag's owner walked away and the man behind the Subway counter said, "Hi! What can I get you?"

I said, "I'll have the fake salad."

:shame:

:lol:
:amazed: :idea: :lol: :lol: :sick: :lol:

fake fruit salad..the imitations are getting a little bit of too creative. wish we can find it and post it here for the "fake of the day" contest.