Espidrille wedge questions~~Please help!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all! I just ordered some espidrille wedge sandals. I would love to wear them this Spring w/ dark denim jeans and pants. I am concerned about color transfer onto the sisal/jute wedge part of the shoe.

Has anyone worn these w/ dark denim? Any denim rub off problems? Or color transfer from a darker pant?

If so, did you get the color off? How did you do it?

Do you think Scotchgarding them is a good idea?

TIA!:flowers:

2. hmmm... I just went and looked at my espadrilles and they've got no color transfer. I can't remember what kind of pants I've worn with them but I've worn them fairly frequently over two summers so I would guess at some point I've worn dark jeans!

But it probably wouldn't hurt to spray them with something? I had a d'oh moment when I read your post and figured mine were probably covered in marks! but they weren't.

3. thanks for the reply nauticalstar! i really appreciate it. i think i'm gonna spray them to be safe!

4. I have several pairs of espadrilles and every single one has denim transfer on them; I've sprayed some of them but it wasn't effective. The jeans that cause the most color transfer are dark colored 7's and COH.

5. I am an espadrille fanatic, and I have never had that happen. But come to think of it, I have never worn them with jeans, except for skinnies. So there has been no opportunity for color to transfer.

I would think spraying the jute with proective spray would help.

6. thanks girls! i can't believe i spelled espadrille wrong!!!! gah!

7. I've had the color transfer also. I like espadrilles, but this is the reason I stay away from them.