Espidrille wedge questions~~Please help!

Tracy

shallowly obsessing
O.G.
Sep 30, 2007
Hi all! I just ordered some espidrille wedge sandals. I would love to wear them this Spring w/ dark denim jeans and pants. I am concerned about color transfer onto the sisal/jute wedge part of the shoe.

Has anyone worn these w/ dark denim? Any denim rub off problems? Or color transfer from a darker pant?

If so, did you get the color off? How did you do it?

Do you think Scotchgarding them is a good idea?

TIA!:flowers:

hmmm... I just went and looked at my espadrilles and they've got no color transfer. I can't remember what kind of pants I've worn with them but I've worn them fairly frequently over two summers so I would guess at some point I've worn dark jeans!

But it probably wouldn't hurt to spray them with something? I had a d'oh moment when I read your post and figured mine were probably covered in marks! but they weren't.

I have several pairs of espadrilles and every single one has denim transfer on them; I've sprayed some of them but it wasn't effective. The jeans that cause the most color transfer are dark colored 7's and COH.

I am an espadrille fanatic, and I have never had that happen. But come to think of it, I have never worn them with jeans, except for skinnies. So there has been no opportunity for color to transfer.

I would think spraying the jute with proective spray would help.