Esoteric question for leather sniffers only

Pepper

Raisinette
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 12, 2006
Has anyone else noticed that Togo now smells like Clemence?
I am 100% positive that I have a new Togo bag based on the appearance and feel of the leather, and yet my nose tells me Clemence. I wonder if they have changed the way the leather is processed.
Apologies for this very obscure question.

This is a cute thread...

0093-0705-2306-1926_TN.jpg

SNIFF!! Is it Clemence? SNIFF!! Togo? SNIFF!!! Clemence?? SNIFF, SNIFF!!!

I don't know the answer to this question either, but I can understand where you're coming from. I'm always the chick that looks like a wierdo sniffing the leather on handbags, saying "Ooh...this bag smells like a..." lol Mmmm...handbags, jackets, and shoes. I love smelling the differences and the way they feel.

You guys are so sweet. I felt like such a freak typing the question and you made me feel better about it. I love tPF! I hope gigi or someone as freakish as I am reads this and can offer an opinion...there really isn't anyone else to ask except my SAs (I would go straight to my SA overseas though and not bother with the one here in the States who probably already thinks I am crazy). Again, there is no question that the leather is togo, so, I am just trying to understand why the smell changed.
:heart::heart::heart:

I LOVE this question, Pepper! I got a box piece (not my first), a Kelly Bearn, that smelled SO sweet, I thought the previous owner wore perfume..then I realized that while I bought it from L-Z (and not the boutique), it was listed as brand new! So now I sniff all my box pieces and only some of them have that ultra sweet box smell....wonder why.....?

I can't wait to hear more about this topic - love it!

Oh, btw.....WHAT is the new TOGO BAG?? Pls do tell! :yes:

(and you're right - I love tPF too! - where else can you post a Q like this in complete seriousness and get accurate answers and NOT get laughed off the planet?? )

I LOVE this question, Pepper! I got a box piece (not my first), a Kelly Bearn, that smelled SO sweet, I thought the previous owner wore perfume..then I realized that while I bought it from L-Z (and not the boutique), it was listed as brand new! So now I sniff all my box pieces and only some of them have that ultra sweet box smell....wonder why.....?

I can't wait to hear more about this topic - love it!

Oh, btw.....WHAT is the new TOGO BAG?? Pls do tell! :yes:

(and you're right - I love tPF too! - where else can you post a Q like this in complete seriousness and get accurate answers and NOT get laughed off the planet?? )

I'm glad I'm not nuts...it's the most amazing romantic-smelling leather, Box.:lol:

*Great thread* too! Perfume is my first & deepest 'luxe' love...right up my alley (or nostrils.:upsidedown:)

Many of my perfume books say that perfumery and leather were linked (for instance, gloves were scented with parfum to cover the tanning/dye smells). The H Box leather makes me wonder if they're still doing it.

Oh, Pepper...how exciting! More Raisin!

I can't be of any assistance on the comparison between scents of Togo and Clemence....but I will say that there is nothing like the scent of Clemence...I still shove my head inside my Birkin to inhale her fabulous perfume!

I always sniff my bags....all day and night! It's aphrodisiacal (as archangel coined...) :P

PEPPER! Pics, pls pls pls!!! Specs!!! Yay!! I NEED to see your raisin! And I mean it. I REALLY really do need it. I haven't had any raisin for so long! :nuts: I am throwing dignity to the wind and am BEGGING your royal Raisin-ness for more! Pretty Please?

(And maybe you'd slap that jaw-dropping picture of your new raisin box Medor clutch in here, too???? OMG - that'd be DIVINE!!)