ERGO LEATHER PLEATED FRAMED SATCHEL in Natural, Does anyone has her? Please help.

Raito

Jun 15, 2008
She just arrived today from my friend and I notice that, right out of the box, she has some small scratched marks :crybaby:

This is my first leather purchase. Normally, I have the canvas things. So, just wanna check with you guys whether it's normal for the leather bag to show scratched marks.

Thanks so much in advance for your comment. :smile:

I had the natural color in the Convertible Ergo and the leather scratched really easily. They will rub or buff out, but it drove me nuts and I sold that bag.

When I bought my pleated satchel in natural, the SA brought out a few from the back for me to choose from. I really had to inspect each bag, as that color seems prone to noticeable scratches. I ended up getting the one that looked the best and have carried it several times--it's held up well. I really love the color, and it's an awesome bag. Good luck, and enjoy!

The natural and burnt orange scratch the easiest. I have the burnt orange, and every time I look at it, it does scratch. You can minimize this by conditioning with Apple, but sometimes depending on the particular skin that's used, and how porous it is, it may or may not be easy to remove. I find the natural is the worst about this. I would try Apple and see if that helps. It did do wonders for my burnt orange satchel. If you are not happy with this one, I would say try to get another one...if you go with one that looks a bit glossier and less porous, it will scratch less. Seriously, all of the bags are different...there's a HUGE variablility with the leather on these bags! Some are darker/different colors than others too.

I had this bag for a few days, but then returned it... as much as I love the style of the ergo satchels, I couldn't stand to see so many scratches on the leather... it scratches so easily, but you can use some leather mosturizer to help protect it a little...

I had this bag before I had to get a new one b/c it was damaged and then ended up selling the replacement, it scratched too easily and I was always worried about where I was going to take it so it wouldn't end up ruined.

I own the Burnt Orange, and it has minimal scratches that I am able to rub away mostly. I received it via order from JAX when it was originally released. I was concerned when I saw the few scratches it had, so when the bags hit the boutiques I carried it from store to store to compare it to others. Turns out, this one was VERY, VERY good.

I later purchased the Natural and was able to select a very good one that also had minimal scratches. These bags are made of vintage leather, which is known to scratch, but some are better than others.

EACH bag in EACH color is different. If having the scratches bother you, you really need to hand select the bag and have the SAs bring all of them for you to see.

I haven't applied Apple Conditioner to my Pleated Satchels, just carrying them and having them rub against my body has allowed them to patina.

Good Luck, and hopefully you'll find one that's the best one for you!

Thanks, guys. Now I understand that it's pretty much the thing that would happen to this kind of leather and color and pretty normal. :yes: Then, I will learn to love her the way she is coz I really love the style and color. Will share you the pic as soon as I have time to shoot. :roflmfao:

I have the natural color and it does scratch easily. I have used the Coach moisturizer on mine several times (even though I think the care card says not to) and it doesn't scratch as easily now. The color is a little darker, which I like.:P

Hi Bagladyjat, thanks for the comment. :P

Another question to you guys who use the moisturizer, does it rub way the scratch or just prevent the bag from having the new one :confused1: :confused1:

I have this bag in Mahogany and the scratching is one reason I'm seriously considering sending it to *bay...I love the bag, just not the upkeep. I've only moisturized it once, maybe I'll do it again to see if that helps. I did notice after I moisturized it (which the SA said was fine even though the card says not to) it scratched less...maybe one more time around would help more.

I used Coach moisturizer so that I could get it done right away...but I hear so many great things about the Apple. This natural color is beautiful, and I bet it's even prettier a tad darker like Bagladyjat says hers is.