ERGO Hobo Bag (11009) vs Gallery tote...SO indecisive!

L

leesh

I'm debating whether to get the patent red in the Ergo hobo or the gallery tote....Opinions?

cupcake

O.G.
May 5, 2006
I will probably be the lone ranger here, but I prefer the gallery tote. I like bags that are a little more structured than the Ergos.

L

leesh

Do you think the large (ergo) will be too big for me? (look huge I mean) i'm 5'3", 110 lbs, skinny arms...

Jan 23, 2008
Michigan
Do you think the large (ergo) will be too big for me? (look huge I mean) i'm 5'3", 110 lbs, skinny arms...
I'm 1" taller and 2 lbs heavier than you and personally I think the large hobo is too big for me. It just depends on if you like the way large bags look on you - it's all personal preference - no right or wrong. I have both bags, although my ergo is a medium. I love both! Sorry I'm no help!

SpoiledRotten22

In LVoe...
O.G.
Jan 21, 2007
Memphis, TN
Get the gallery tote......and point me in the direction of the red patent ergo!!

Selfishness aside, I like the ergos better than the gallery totes myself. It is a big bag, but it slouches and smooshes (is that a word?) so it doesn't seem as big as it is.

elnrie

Apr 3, 2008
I personally like Ergos. :smile: Have you tried both of them out IRL? Maybe that might help you out with your decision. :yes:

kma199

Apr 10, 2008
New Orleans, LA
It all depends on what you need to carry. I have both medium and large ergos along with the medium ergo tote.
I usually take the large hobo on those days when the entire world will end up in my purse. I like the large because I can even carry an unmbrella around with me and living in New Orleans you never know when it will rain. Since the bag isn't structured I can stuff whatever I need like toys for my niece, snacks or a drink and the camera for our outing that day. I am also 5'3" and since the bag doesn't hang low and kinds of flattens when it isn't full of stuff I don't think it overwhelms me. You may want to compare the measurements to something you already own to see how it would work on your frame.
On a normal day I'll use the medium ergo which fits my normal things.

grayxie

NOMtacular!
Mar 28, 2008
PA
I'd go for the Ergo, it looks big in the store with all the stuffing in it, and it hasn't been broken in yet. Once you use it for a while, it doesn't look or feel as big as if it were new.

L

leesh

hmmm....does anyone know what both retail for? Or how much they are @ the outlet?