Equestrian Wear

This is a fun thread! Little things off the top of my head re: boots...Depending on if one wants to look correct or not, it's a good idea to keep in mind the traditions in one's area when walking around town in riding gear. One of the fashion photos above has a gal in brown-topped boots. People in the city may not know what boots she's wearing, but in places with active hunts, it would look funny to see a woman wearing those around town, because brown tops are only worn by male hunt members who have their "colors." Some progressive hunts allow female huntsmen or Masters to wear them these days, but generally female members with colors who want to wear "tops," wear black patent leather tops on their boots. Dress boots (with or without tops) also don't (traditionally) have toe caps. Only field boots (those are the ones with laces at the ankle) have toe caps. I suppose it's all kind of silly. I find I enjoy breaking rules more though if I first know what they are. :angel:

The beautiful Hermes "Jumping" boots wouldn't really be worn for riding because they aren't tall enough. Also, equestrians generally want their leather boots to fit close to the leg, often like a second skin, but that means they aren't super comfortable to walk around in. Riding boots don't have the zipper on the inside of the leg because they would rub the ankle and saddle when riding. Zippers are on the back. Sometimes polo boots have a front zipper, and Ariat has a very modern looking boot called the Volant with zippers that go from front to outside.

View attachment 3943683

Totally agree. I’m addicted to Celeris riding Boots. Made to measure and fab colours and styles. The world is your limit. Some of theirs could be worn round town with skinny jeans or leggings.

Totally agree. I’m addicted to Celeris riding Boots. Made to measure and fab colours and styles. The world is your limit. Some of theirs could be worn round town with skinny jeans or leggings.
i really want a pair of those! i don't think i can justify non black riding boots though. i also want a pair of amazona sueca. deniro also makes cool custom boots. i won a pair of brown with croc tops for a steal on ebay but they're a touch short :sad:

8869_1_850x.jpg
been thinking of getting these but i don't think i could find a pair of half chaps to match. i think i would actually wear these outside of riding.

i really want a pair of those! i don't think i can justify non black riding boots though. i also want a pair of amazona sueca. deniro also makes cool custom boots. i won a pair of brown with croc tops for a steal on ebay but they're a touch short :sad:

View attachment 3943916
been thinking of getting these but i don't think i could find a pair of half chaps to match. i think i would actually wear these outside of riding.

Lol, not to be an enabler but I think Celeris would make you a pair to match. :biggrin:

Reactions: Mayfly285