Equestrian Style Question

Mauricia

Nov 6, 2010
Hey! I'm so excited to find a forum full of people that love clothes as much as I do! All my friends at college think I'm being frivolous as they just want to study.
I was wondering though if anyone has an opinion about whether or not combining multiple equestrian pieces in the same outfit looks excessive. I have a horse and I ride a lot so I seem to have accumulated a lot of equestrian style pieces due to a natural draw to the style.
For example I just got this blazer on sale from JCrew:
http://www.jcrew.com/womens_special...2+4294967294+20~60~~20+17~15~~~~~~~/29215.jsp

Would it be too much to pair it with some jodhpurs style pants I have? Should I just stick with some jeans? Black pants like on the model? I feel like riding boots would be fine because those are more standard fashion and less equestrian.
Thanks!

The jacket would look great with riding boots, just as you said.

As for the jodhpur pants, I think thy can also work well with the jacket but at that point the riding boots would be too much and I would opt for an oxford or something along those lines to go for an androgynous look.

Also, welcome to tpf!!

AH! Another equestrian!

I have worn my hunt coats as blazers, black breeches as leggings, dress boots out in public...

My personal rule is one piece of riding clothes per outfit, not including boots. So I will do my coats as blazers with jeans and boots, but not with a riding style pant (like breeches). KWIM?

I like the jacket you have. I think the pants would be too much, but I like the idea of the boots. I guess you would need to see it all together to say for sure!

Welcome to forum!
I too like the jacket, but think you should do either the jacket and the boots together or just the jacket and pants. Not all 3 at the same time, it might be too much.

Thanks for the advice! Your horse is gorgeous SunglassLove, and I never thought of wearing my actual riding clothes, but I think that might be interesting.
After staring in the mirror some more I agree with you guys no mixing it up. Looks perfect with rinse wash jeans and boots. :smile: