Epson Epson Epson..cons and pros?

Olivia915

Jun 15, 2018
As some of you already may know, I am currently in France and holding Kelly 28 in Grey Asphalt (oui, I have decided and confirmed with my SA thank to you!!) with GHW, EPSON.

As I am a mother of 2 kids (one almost 3 and one 11 months old) plus living and working in Rainy London, I preferred Togo at the beginning.

So by end of the month, I will find out A) whether they have Kelly 28 retourne in Togo or not and then B) decide what to buy as my very first Kelly!

I know I am already a lucky person who were offered Kelly ‘fairly easily’ but if I am luckier enough again, I will be in the position to chose between Epson in GA or Togo (or Clemence) in another neutral color (TBC).
If you were in my shoes, what Kelly would you go for in the end? Please bear in mind again it is my first Kelly and I have no plan to have another Kelly in a few years due to my geeky husband who doesn’t understand a ‘bloody’ purse being much more expensive than a really good tablets or gadgets...(if you have an engineer husband, you may understand what I mean here...:annoyed:)

My questions in sum would be..
1) Even if they have Togo (next week), should I still go for Epson for Kelly?
2) If your answer to above Q is Epson, why? What are cons/ pros of Epson?

I know I will go for my gut feeling in the end but I found your advices so so helpful for my previous question so here is another post!

Again, thank you so much for our help so far :smile:

Reactions: marzipanchen
I just want to say Epsom can go through heavy London rain with zero problems, my own experience. I'm sure someone very savvy here will kindly link you to the thread with Epsom pros and cons.
Same here. No worries at all with Epson through heavy, rainy and even snowy London, but, in my experience, Epson corners goes bad faster comparing to my Togo bags.

I think epsom is really durable - especially when you need to baby your babies and not your new kelly :P so an extra vote for epsom from me!! Congrats on your new kelly!!!

How much I want to help OP edit the title and thread...EpsoM vs printers lol.

Epsom = Structure, Saturated color, Super light weight. However it is Embossed leather, not supple, looks extremely plastic in certain colors.

Overall I prefer Epsom for SLGs.

In addition to color what’s your other priority when choosing a daily purse OP?

Weight?
Leather?
Maintenance?

I have only SLGs in Epsom and Ks in both Togo and Clemence. Based on my own experience and those shared here, I personally would not go for an Epsom Kelly - I prefer the slouchier look of the softer leathers and Epsom is very stiff. Also other owners have commented on how it holds up less well to corner wear over the years than the other leathers. Just my 2 cents - if you like the more rigid look then go for the Epsom. Good luck!

Reactions: QuelleFromage
You can find pros and cons here... you can do a search by type in Epsom click title only for more .... good luck deciding.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/kelly-in-epsom-vs-kelly-in-box-pros-and-cons.982625/

My questions in sum would be..
1) Even if they have Togo (next week), should I still go for Epson for Kelly?
2) If your answer to above Q is Epson, why? What are cons/ pros of Epson?

I know I will go for my gut feeling in the end but I found your advices so so helpful for my previous question so here is another post!

Again, thank you so much for our help so far :smile:

How much I want to help OP edit the title and thread...EpsoM vs printers lol
Exactly. I just found it out once I finished and then went to a zone without an internet access. And then, missed my editing available time period (30mins or so). Embarrassing...:doh:
In addition to color what’s your other priority when choosing a daily purse OP?

Weight?
Leather?
Maintenance?
Maintenance is the most important thing to me here. And that’s one of the reasons why I am scared of EpsoM as I saw many threads saying its corner can get ruined quicker than other leather types....

Reactions: Hermes Nuttynut
i have both an epsom (sellier) and a clemence (retourne) 32 kelly and love them. They are completely different. The epsom is very structured in a red (rouge casaque).
It is lightweight and still looks brand new after four years. Granted, I do not carry it everyday, and when I do, I don't throw it around. It is dressier than my blue indigo clemence kelly. That one is much darker and gets more use due to its "casual" vibe.
My question to you is, do you want/need a dressier, structured bag or one that is softer, casual? A 28 sellier won't hold as much as a 32. If this were my only kelly, I would wait for a togo. You will need to go see it to determine if it checks off all of the boxes in what you are looking for in a bag.

Have fun!!

I stick to SLGs in epsom as well. They wear very well getting tossed around in my bags. I can easily (and relatively cheaply) get replacements if they wear out. I think a constance in epsom would fair well too. I would not get an epsom kelly, because while spa can typically make my togo and clemence look like new again, epsom will not fair as well. And in my experience, after a few years you are going to get corner wear if you use your bag, no matter how carefully.

i have both an epsom (sellier) and a clemence (retourne) 32 kelly and love them. They are completely different. The epsom is very structured in a red (rouge casaque).
It is lightweight and still looks brand new after four years. Granted, I do not carry it everyday, and when I do, I don't throw it around. It is dressier than my blue indigo clemence kelly. That one is much darker and gets more use due to its "casual" vibe.
My question to you is, do you want/need a dressier, structured bag or one that is softer, casual? A 28 sellier won't hold as much as a 32. If this were my only kelly, I would wait for a togo. You will need to go see it to determine if it checks off all of the boxes in what you are looking for in a bag.

Have fun!!
I agree that the purpose of the bag is the most important thing to consider in this case. My Epsom red Birkin is the most striking bag that I own. It’s so stunning that I have never dared to wear it in London. I bought thence a gorgeous black Epsom bolide to wear in London and 2 weeks later the corners were already showing signs of use. On the other hand, I have Togo and Clemence bags that I don’t baby, I can wear more casually and I can always send to the spa if they get too bad.

Reactions: Ladybaga
I would get Togo and then get one of the long Hermes Straps (sangle cavale) to wear it cross body. With two kids this allows you to have your hands free and you will probably end up using your Kelly more. I would be worried about the corners with a sellier Kelly wearing it cross body. I would go for epsom only if you want this to be a dressier bag that you will wear when not with the kids. I have tried wearing a Kelly around 2 kids and cross body is really the only way that works particularly if you still need to be picking up and carrying one of them.

Reactions: Ladybaga