Epsom leather

1. I'm not too familiar with Epsom. What are the advantages/disadvantages? Is it a pressed leather?

2. It is pressed leather....I, personally am not a big fan of Epson leather. My Vespa is Epson and I find it to be light in weight but kind of thin and stiff. JMO......

3. Epsom also holds the shape of thebag quite well as it is a more rigid leather that's why you find it in a lot of Vespas, Plumes, Evelynes and Paris-Bombay.

Epsom also holds some colors better ... yellow for instance. I also look better with the orange shade of epsom (as it is more lighter) than togo or clemence (but I don't have an orange bag, I was just trying the different leathers/colors at the shop).

4. I am not a big fan of this leather, it shows the scratches too easily. Give me togo, clemence, box, arden instead.

5. I have a Cyclamen Kelly in this leather and I must say that I find it great, it keeps the shape very well and the color is deeper. Also mines has not scratched at all and I'm very clumbsy.

I have a Bearn in this color as well and it still looks brand new and no scratches!!!

6. I'm not a fan, either. It's a step up from LV's Taiga leather since it's more pliable but it still has that plasticky feel that I don't really like. Many SA's I've spoken to also don't favor Epsom.

7. I much prefer Chevre, Togo and Clemence...

8. my kelly is epsom and i love it. it feels lighter than the togo and looks more polished since it is a more structured leather.

9. Thanks shopmom, LaVan, hermeslady, Baggaholic, Otingocni, Greentea and theITbag for all the information and opinions!!

10. I am not a fan of Epsom either. However, I do find that wallets (especially bearn) made in Epsom hold up for a long time because they are more scratch and water resistant in comparison to let's say, box or fjord. Just my two cents! :flowers:

11. Oh thanks twigz...you really got me addicted to the Bearn wallets...love them and would love to see more pics!!

12. LOL!! I'm glad you hopped on to the bandwagon!! :lol: Will post more pics when I get a chance!!

13. I'm not a fan of epsom. I don't really like the stamped look on it. But, I still think it's beautiful. Just not my first choice.

14. Thanks twigz...this addiction is awful!!

15. Hi does anyone know when they started producing this leather?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice