Epsom leather . . . yes or no

definitely good points about the rigidness of the leather. i must admit that when i was looking for my first birkin, i was hoping for box BUT i like the epsom because it is rigid and structured! and also a bit more scratchproof :smile:

however, should i get another bag, i wouldn't rule out another type of leather, just cos i like variety :smile: so swift or clemence or box or epsom, whatever floats your boat, when you see it you'll KNOW :idea: :love: :heart:

How difficult is it to find a Epsom birkin and togo for that matter. I am not specific about HW. As for color, I would like colored, meaning not black or brown (and not orange since I have orange)

So you think i would have to SO

I think Birkins are difficult to find, period. If you want any Birkin at all, whether a specific leather or color, it's best to SO.

Reactions: cap4life
For those who love a structured, firm looking Birkin that does not slouch over time, (i.e. no tolerance for batwings; it can be quite frustrating for me to keep tugging at the straps of my 30 Togo birkin to rein the sides in), it's either the epsom, box calf or vache liegee. (but vache liegess is expensive).

I find all these 3 leathers very very durable. I am not sure about epsom's history but I heard Hermes was long using box calf and vache liegee in their luggage range (read: being thrown about), before they used them for ladies' bag. Perhaps, some Hermes experts here can comment on this.

PS: Just for info, when I use my Togo birkin, I feel I always need to rein in the straps to prevent batwings. For my box birkin - there is no need for it yet. It's still too early to tell because I've only owned it for slightly more than a week. That said, I believe box calf can get batwings but itty bitty ones compared to Clemence, Swift, Togo. But I can see that the studiness of box calf will keep the sides in better than a Togo in the same size.

It is such a personal preference. I had a paris bombay in it and it was great...it definitely does not have the 'feel' of some leathers, but it seemed as if it would hold up quite well. My togo bag is slouchy but I like that (today!) Good luck with your choice!

As a wallet it should work very well, it will last well keeping it's shape IMO.
BJ, in the softer leathers show the stains fast... have a clemence and a togo, epson seems more resistant to staining.

gulp! it's gorgeous! :biggrin: how does cognac differ from gold, if i might ask? the color looks somewhat similar...

I have never seen gold in person to actually compare but I in my opinion the cognac has a litlle bit of a orange tone to it, the gold I think is more of a actual gold if that makes any sense at all lol. ;) ;) Thanks for the compliment but i really want another birkin!!!!!!!!!:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: