Epsom leather- scratches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the exact birkin:
30 rouge garance epsom.
Epson is amazeing, no rain spots, no scratches. You can use it as an everyday bag:tup:
attachment.php

Reactions: Leo the Lion
my Epsom birkin in black has been hardy, but I do have a few scratches on it that you can see in certain lights. Water on it is no problem, I've even spilled sweet tea on it and wiped it with a wet paper towel. Ten minutes later the birkin looks back to normal.

The corners are a bit scuffed, I'm going to try the baby wipes though!

I travel extensively with my Epsom Birkin and there are long scratches on it, though not as obvious as with other leathers. So I wouldn't say it doesn't scratch at all. After all, no leather is scratch proof. I sent it in for cleaning a few months ago, and my bag came back with most of the scratches gone, save for the few deeper ones.

In my opinion, Epsom is light, keeps the shape of bag really well and you don't need to worry about weather..rain will just slide off. But one thing though...be careful with corners. According to my own experience, my close friends & my mom's, you should be little more careful for corners with epsom than other leathers.

I am very careful with by H bags, but some reason, I had a hard time with epsom Birkin corners. I never had corner wears that quickly with other bags...I was so sad. But it could be just me and my friends. I am sure there are other ladies who have no problem with epsom birkin 'corner-wear-problem'..

I agree with you 100%, aspenmartial!! That was my problem with Epsom as well. I think epsom is wonderful in that it's light and holds up its shape beautifully. However, when it comes to corners, it tends to get worn off so easily. I am super extra careful when it comes to carrying my bags, and yet, even from repeated rubbing with the dustbag whenever I took the bag out/put it in, I can see that the colors on the corners have thinned out! :wtf: Another thing, is that when it comes to color touch-ups, it is not as easily done as on togo, clemence, or ostrich. The new patch cannot blend that easily to the surrounding leather.

Epsom is rather scratch resistent actually, so you needn't have to worry. Any bag made in Epsom will be very durable and will be a great for everyday use.

Hi Mrs Sparkles,
It's been 6 months ago when you helped me to choose my first Kelly. I always found your postings delightful, and info very useful.
I was searching for caring for epsom leather, and happened to see you in this section. :yes:
I just bought a Birken 30cm Epsom in black with GHW in Paris 2 days ago (will post in May, in Budapest at the moment), and am so over the moon, I was offered a black with PHW in Sydney, but didn't get it, cos' had my heart set on the GHW.
Although I have a epsom cuff, but had no idea about what the bags will be like. Now hearing from you that it's durable, I will be using it very often, so happy:yahoo:.
Thank you very much once again Mrs S. See you soon.

IMO scratches aren't the issue with epsom but rather surface abrasion or "rubbing." My epsom globetrotter is in beautiful condition except for some rubbing from the inserts at the bottom. Granted, this agenda has been squashed, pressed up on, and generally abused while servicing as my school planner.

Attachments

• Bottega Card Case 006.jpg
    Bottega Card Case 006.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 1,327
the baby wipes worked pretty well! used pampers unscented natural...there is more of a sheen to the birkin and the corners look a bit better. the scratches are less noticeable :biggrin:

my bearn is blue jean epsom and the only real wear is the leather that holds the tab down, it's a bit worn, but my bearn's been pretty well used and still looks good :biggrin:

epsom leather definitely does not scratch easily so no worries there. also, if u prefer more structured bags then go for the epsom leather as it holds its shape extremely well. my epsom kelly has stayed rigid and erect after 3 yrs through wear and tear.

Status
Not open for further replies.