epsom leather kelly

rogicoco

O.G.
Aug 28, 2006
hi!
i have an oportunity to buy a 32cm epsom gold leather kelly ph. i have not seen this bag in person yet, before i tell her to show me the bag i want to know what you guys think.
i keep hearing mixed reviews. she wants $4500 for it. it is in great condition.
i am not familiar with prices in this leather.

hello2703

Show Me The Orange!
O.G.
Jun 17, 2006
It really depends on the condition of the bag.
Also, how comfortable you are with a 32 sellier. I saw one yesterday in person (the bag you describe, but with gold hardware) and it was majestic and suited the owner to a T. Personally though, I can't do 32 sellier.

rox_rocks

down under
O.G.
Aug 2, 2007
hi rojicoco!

I just bought an identical kelly last month at the Hermes boutique in Hong Kong and absolutely love it!

here she is...I hope it helps :flowers:

Attachments

• Kelly 32cm sellier gold epsom ph.jpg
    Kelly 32cm sellier gold epsom ph.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 310

rogicoco

O.G.
Aug 28, 2006
i've never seen it in person but rox's kelly looks beautiful. i always heard mixed reviews about this leather that is why i wanted your opinion. everyone has always been such great help around here.
thank you guys

Fishfood

Still Abby Fabby!!
O.G.
Oct 21, 2006
I've got your bag in a bit smaller (28) and natural (less brown underneathe) and I love it to bits. It walks around the most with me, hands down.

I love Epsom, but others do feel differently. It's scrathresistent, durable, light, and quite the lady for being so tough! BUt it generally isn't regarded as having a soft hand, it is really more structured. I think that makes it nicer for Selliers, though.

In the end, you have to decide how important look vs. feel is to you. I have an Epsom wallet that has softened nicely but still holds it's shape well. Good luck! :tup: