Epsom Leather - Anyone Feeling The Love?

Feb 11, 2006
I'm not a fan...it's too stiff, too thin and just not what I think of when I think "leather".

With that said, I'm thinking there must be advantages of Epsom that I'm overlooking.

For those of you who don't hate it, please tell me why I should feel the love!!!

piaffe

O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
Generally don't like epsom or its predecessor, courchevel.

But I feel the love - a LOT of love - for this epsom bag:

attachment.php

Epsom is one of the only ways to access some of the bright, bold colours that aren't offered in regular leather (like togo, clemence).

This bag is a grail of mine. Even though I normally dislike epsom!

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 561
Feb 11, 2006
castorny, all good points. (especially the "takes color brilliantly" as my all time favorite Hermes color is primarily available only in epsom)

I wonder if I could learn to love epsom.........

One more question -

When you see a Hermes bag in epsom, what's your first reaction...do you notice the leather and say "nice bag, too bad it's in epsom" or doesn't it matter to you?

piperlu

O.G.
Jun 28, 2006
I'm not a fan...it's too stiff, too thin and just not what I think of when I think "leather".

With that said, I'm thinking there must be advantages of Epsom that I'm overlooking.

For those of you who don't hate it, please tell me why I should feel the love!!!

^^I don't know a lot about this leather, but so far I like what I see. I also prefer a more stiff bag too (at least in a Kelly). I think if you like a squishy bag, this won't be the leather for you. I think it does hold the color beautifully.

I'm sure someone with more experience could speak to the durability of this leather.

Also, please stay tuned for something I just had delivered in EPSOM. :smile: