Epsom Care

shans44

Aug 30, 2006
I got an Epsom birkin over the weekend, which so far I love (lighter, more structured and seemingly less delicate than my togo birkin). Anything I have to do to care for it to make sure it lasts and wears well? Any other advice from Epsom owners?

It is a carefree leather. My Kelly had many oops. My daughter kicked it accidently. I would spill coffee and wine on it. The liquid wipes up nicely. I did use baby wipes to clean it and "Blackrock" Leather N Rich on it. Enjoy your bag! Post pics.

Pictures aren't showing the color well - it is actually raisin (I know it looks rouge or even brown in some pics) - the hardware is nowhere near what it looks like irl - it is ruthenium (sp?) and the inside is lagon; stitching I think was thalassa (sp?)

Epsom is hardy! Good choice! Congrats! Epsom can trap dirt but in a dark colour like Raisin, you won't need to baby it. Dirt comes off easily with a leather wipe or you can just send it in to your H store for a spa!

Thanks for starting this thread! When I started buying bags I couldn't stand Epsom. It took me a long time to grow into an affection for this beautiful and under-appreciated leather. My store just put in my SO, and Epsom was the only reasonable choice for the size and color combo I wanted. I'm so thrilled to read these great reviews.

Congratulations on your beautiful bag!!! You are going to love it! I have a Blue Jean
epsom and what a carefree bag. I take it everywhere and just as everyone has said,
it's just a wipe off with a baby wipe or leather wipe!!! It will be perfect for you. Enjoy
your bag!!!