Epsom Care

shans44

O.G.
Aug 30, 2006
I got an Epsom birkin over the weekend, which so far I love (lighter, more structured and seemingly less delicate than my togo birkin). Anything I have to do to care for it to make sure it lasts and wears well? Any other advice from Epsom owners?

coleigh

Laugh and live....
O.G.
Jul 21, 2007
It is a carefree leather. My Kelly had many oops. My daughter kicked it accidently. I would spill coffee and wine on it. The liquid wipes up nicely. I did use baby wipes to clean it and "Blackrock" Leather N Rich on it. Enjoy your bag! Post pics.

shans44

O.G.
Aug 30, 2006
Pictures aren't showing the color well - it is actually raisin (I know it looks rouge or even brown in some pics) - the hardware is nowhere near what it looks like irl - it is ruthenium (sp?) and the inside is lagon; stitching I think was thalassa (sp?)

mrssparkles

Happy
Mar 25, 2006
Epsom is hardy! Good choice! Congrats! Epsom can trap dirt but in a dark colour like Raisin, you won't need to baby it. Dirt comes off easily with a leather wipe or you can just send it in to your H store for a spa!

gga

Satans Little Helper
O.G.
Dec 16, 2006
Thanks for starting this thread! When I started buying bags I couldn't stand Epsom. It took me a long time to grow into an affection for this beautiful and under-appreciated leather. My store just put in my SO, and Epsom was the only reasonable choice for the size and color combo I wanted. I'm so thrilled to read these great reviews.

pamella

Hermes, Je T'aime
O.G.
Mar 16, 2009
Congratulations on your beautiful bag!!! You are going to love it! I have a Blue Jean
epsom and what a carefree bag. I take it everywhere and just as everyone has said,
it's just a wipe off with a baby wipe or leather wipe!!! It will be perfect for you. Enjoy
your bag!!!