Epsom Birkins

Many here do not care for Epsom but I love it. Lighter, great colors, keeps it shape,
more elegant and "ladylike" IMHO. But some here feel it is "plasticy" looking.
I love Epsom.

Many here do not care for Epsom but I love it. Lighter, great colors, keeps it shape,
more elegant and "ladylike" IMHO. But some here feel it is "plasticy" looking.
I love Epsom.

Ditto what TT said :yahoo: i have an epsom 35 and it still looks brand new after 4 months of solid steady use, even took her on vacation with multiple plane trips, sand from the beach every where, snacks and drinks for my 4 yr old...you name it....plus i own a vintage courchevel bag that looks fantastic....courhcevel is the predecessor to epsom; it still looks great after all these 14 years! the corners really can take a licking and hold the color, which is why i chose epsom!

try doing a search in the reference library thread for "epsom", even in the general thread, these pop up often, " to epsom or not to epsom"? you have to see it in person to choose, truly. i love a firm bag, no floopiness for me :graucho: and it is so light to carry!

Last edited:
just a little tidbit i found from docride, our resident amzing leather expert...

Originally Posted by docride
Epsom is pressed under heavy wt with a textured press giving the appearance of the grain you see...the top coat or dye (color) may simply have a bit of acrylic in the formula

Epsom is my most favorite leather as I like my bags to hold their shape. I have 2 epsom birkins and they are very light and stiff. And because of that they do look a bit more formal and ladylike than say a clemence birkin. However, the corners are indeed prone to wear, and I think I have read somewhere that because epsom is an embossed leather, the corners cannot be reburbished as well as box or other natural veined leather. That is the only "con" I can think of.

its got a strange love/hate thing.........however it takes colors better than any other leather. colors come out clear and clean. the leather wears like iron and there is no sloppy slouch....

always said it i love it. such a carefree skin . plus it stands stiff and tall and looks polished and has a very slight sheen to it.it a fav skin of mone for both birkins and sellier kellys (kellys looks very pointy in it) some find it plasticky bt i do not
with epsom there really is no in-between you love it or hate it

I think that the only color I'd do in Epsom is White. I am not a huge fan of this leather but I don't hate it. I do like bags that hold their shape. Hmmm, to add white to the list perhaps....

I didn't know much about epsom at first but now I love epsom. :love: I think some colors on epsom are prettier than on other leathers. I love the fact that my birkin still looks brand new and its very lightweight.