Epsom Birkins

shans44

O.G.
Aug 30, 2006
Please give me your thoughts pro/con. I have togo already and am considering an epsom version for my next. Thanks

TankerToad

NKAWTG
O.G.
Aug 8, 2008
Transport, Tracking & H
Many here do not care for Epsom but I love it. Lighter, great colors, keeps it shape,
more elegant and "ladylike" IMHO. But some here feel it is "plasticy" looking.
I love Epsom.

Mar 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Many here do not care for Epsom but I love it. Lighter, great colors, keeps it shape,
more elegant and "ladylike" IMHO. But some here feel it is "plasticy" looking.
I love Epsom.
Ditto what TT said :yahoo: i have an epsom 35 and it still looks brand new after 4 months of solid steady use, even took her on vacation with multiple plane trips, sand from the beach every where, snacks and drinks for my 4 yr old...you name it....plus i own a vintage courchevel bag that looks fantastic....courhcevel is the predecessor to epsom; it still looks great after all these 14 years! the corners really can take a licking and hold the color, which is why i chose epsom!

try doing a search in the reference library thread for "epsom", even in the general thread, these pop up often, " to epsom or not to epsom"? you have to see it in person to choose, truly. i love a firm bag, no floopiness for me :graucho: and it is so light to carry!

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
just a little tidbit i found from docride, our resident amzing leather expert...

Originally Posted by docride
Epsom is pressed under heavy wt with a textured press giving the appearance of the grain you see...the top coat or dye (color) may simply have a bit of acrylic in the formula

tumtum

Mar 29, 2007
Epsom is my most favorite leather as I like my bags to hold their shape. I have 2 epsom birkins and they are very light and stiff. And because of that they do look a bit more formal and ladylike than say a clemence birkin. However, the corners are indeed prone to wear, and I think I have read somewhere that because epsom is an embossed leather, the corners cannot be reburbished as well as box or other natural veined leather. That is the only "con" I can think of.

lovehermes

O.G.
Apr 28, 2006
I have a white epsom birkin and it's been wonderful! It holds it's shape and is not slouchy. Makes a nice presence.

May 6, 2007
its got a strange love/hate thing.........however it takes colors better than any other leather. colors come out clear and clean. the leather wears like iron and there is no sloppy slouch....

graycat5

O.G.
Jan 10, 2009
If I do another 35, I want it to be Epsom. So many of the colors look marvelous in it and it's a lot lighter...

May 17, 2006
always said it i love it. such a carefree skin . plus it stands stiff and tall and looks polished and has a very slight sheen to it.it a fav skin of mone for both birkins and sellier kellys (kellys looks very pointy in it) some find it plasticky bt i do not
with epsom there really is no in-between you love it or hate it

zrusky7

Sep 10, 2007
I think that the only color I'd do in Epsom is White. I am not a huge fan of this leather but I don't hate it. I do like bags that hold their shape. Hmmm, to add white to the list perhaps....

Sep 5, 2008
I didn't know much about epsom at first but now I love epsom. :love: I think some colors on epsom are prettier than on other leathers. I love the fact that my birkin still looks brand new and its very lightweight.