epsom? anyone love?

I have a vintage Courcheval Kelly, which is epsom's predecessor and the corners look great. I personally feel the corners on ANY leather can get damaged if you don't take care of the bag.

I really disslike how people bad talk epsom on this forum. It gets a little insulting to her people talk about how "plasticy" epsom is all the time and I've been guilty of buying into the stigma myself.

thanks--helpful to hear your comments:smile:

ditto, japster! as a proud owner of an epsom birkin i feel the same. people are entitled to their opinions on the leather, and certainly i'm a huge box leather fan as much as the next gal, but i love my bag and i think for certain colors it's great (just like any other leather) :yes:

do you have any pics of your HAC, Haholic?? :biggrin:

To each her own... I love box and swift but I don't want all my bags to be in box or swift. Variety is the spice of life. Epsom looks great in cyclamen and also yellow for instance

i love epsom. esp in indigo! i think it's great for an everday bag- seems very hardy and easy to take care of. i also love that it can give a slouchier style (like retourne) some extra stiffness. which is not the word i was looking for but it'll do.

My BJ birkin is epsom and I love it! I don't have to worry about it losing its shape like I have to worry about my clemence Kelly. Epsom is definitely underrated.

I have a vintage Courcheval Kelly, which is epsom's predecessor and the corners look great. I personally feel the corners on ANY leather can get damaged if you don't take care of the bag.

I really disslike how people bad talk epsom on this forum. It gets a little insulting to her people talk about how "plasticy" epsom is all the time and I've been guilty of buying into the stigma myself.

Me too!! My avatar shows my 32cm Kelly bag...I think it's Rouge VIF or Rouge Garangce. The corners are perfect and it is a light bag.

Happy with it.

I think it depends on the bag, the color and the HW....then for me it doesn't matter what leather it is as much.

Epsom Owners...would you all consider posting your pics here?

I don't feel we see enough quality pics of H goods in epsom and I really feel this would be valuable to many here. I would really like to see them myself since I rarely see epsom when I visit the boutique.

Epsom Owners...would you all consider posting your pics here?

I don't feel we see enough quality pics of H goods in epsom and I really feel this would be valuable to many here. I would really like to see them myself since I rarely see epsom when I visit the boutique.

This is the belt I was talking about:
Cyclamen in Epsom is very true to the way Hermès intended the color to look like.
The reverse side is Taurillon Clemence in Chartreuse:

CyclamenEpsomCloseup.jpg

BTW:
It's also the one I've been using for my avatar;)

Attachments

• CyclamenEpsomCloseup.JPG
    CyclamenEpsomCloseup.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 51
    28.9 KB · Views: 53
I'm a stiffy so that's why I love my epsom Birkin. As others mentioned, the lealther wears well, worry-free, sturdy, light, easy to clean and no batwings!

Here's my black epsom Birkin travelling and eating :graucho: :

Attachments

• Black_Birkin_LaVan1.jpg
    Black_Birkin_LaVan1.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 130
  • brussels_waffles_beer.jpg
    brussels_waffles_beer.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 146
  • Moma_Picasso.jpg
    Moma_Picasso.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 83
  • NYC_GrayPapayas.jpg
    NYC_GrayPapayas.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 128
Men's wallet question here.. Would Epsom be the best leather for something that'll be in my back pocket (ie sat on, etc) ? Will it be the least grimey over time?

I guess so, Louis :yes:

If you intend to sit down on it;) , I recommend you get a leather like Epsom that is grained and holds shape comparatively well.
Actually, I lately see men's wallets an also card cases in Epsom quiet often at my boutique, so it shouldn't be too hard to come across one.