epi vs. vernis agenda

megs0927

O.G.
Jan 5, 2008
I was hoping you could give me some advice on choosing an agenda. I will be going back to work part time in a few months and decided I needed a going back to work present! I really like the small ring agenda and am torn between the Epi Cassis and the Vernis Amarante. I don't have any color in my lv collection which is all mono/damier. I think a splash of color will do me good!

Does the epi leather lay flat/easier to write on than the vernis? What about durability? I know they are the same dimensions but due to the flexibility in the leather, would the epi hold more?

Thanks!!!

RPGBuff

Oct 15, 2006
How are you at fingerprints? Amarante is notorious for the fingerprint problem, especially since you are going to be touching it a lot. That aside, I think Vernis pop more than Epi, perfect for a splash of color. Epi is so understated and elegant. Epi agenda writes better than Vernis and I think they hold the same amount, just my opinion.

Last edited:

wong1234

Nov 18, 2009
No, the vernis cannot be heat-stamped. I have the Vernis Pomme small agenda and I love it! It's such a nice pop of color in my bags.

I agree with the fingerprint issue, if you can't stand the fingerprint, then Amarante might not be a good choice for you. Perhaps other vernis colors?

Nordy's girl

My youngest!
Sep 23, 2008
Washington
I have the small ring agenda in Amarante Vernis and I love it, I carry it in my purse and use it almost everyday! It's one of my favorite LV purchases:smile:

Kitsunegrl

Fill the Giant Pig!
O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
Cajun Country
I have the epi agenda in mandarin. It's probably my most used piece of LV.
I would love to get another agenda to switch out since the mandarin is no longer available; I'll probably get vernis this time.
Either way, I don't think you can go wrong!

megs0927

O.G.
Jan 5, 2008
I called my LV store today and they put the two aside for me to look at tomorrow. I am leaning more towards the vernis I think but now I am torn between the bleu nuit and the amarante!

Decisions, decisions...!!

Ms_Max

Nov 26, 2008
Beautiful Vancouver
Glad you're going for the vernis. It's not just a splash of colour but it's the shimmery effect that I love. As for the choices between the two colours, that's a tough one. I say get the bleu nuit as I think it's a limited colour :smile: