Epi St. Jacques

I have been on the hunt for years. I remember the St. Jacques being on the back cover fo so many fashion magazines and I dreamed of it but I was a poor young lawyer paying of those pesky student loans and we did not even have an LV boutique in Charlotte back then! My dream is a green one in pristine condition. I do agree that is a tougher one to pull off but I think it's worth it. But then again, I really dislike the majority of hobo bags. No one said 5i/2 heels are easy. Nor are ladylike bags.

thanks for all your input TPF'ers! i don't currently own an epi St. Jacques, but I am interested in a black pre-loved one. i'm also interested in an alma bb and can only afford to get one....for now. hehe

I got PM size and in yellow Epi. The reason I got it because the microfibre lining is beautiful rich royal purple. Having said that I seldom carry it because my kids still young, need both hands free to look after them when outing.

I got PM size and in yellow Epi. The reason I got it because the microfibre lining is beautiful rich royal purple. Having said that I seldom carry it because my kids still young, need both hands free to look after them when outing.
I would get the yellow just for the lining....it's such a beautiful purple.Works well with block coloring now.:smile:

thanks for all your input TPF'ers! i don't currently own an epi St. Jacques, but I am interested in a black pre-loved one. i'm also interested in an alma bb and can only afford to get one....for now. hehe
I love this shape. I'm on the hunt for my first epi (my first LV even!) and saw the St Jacques today at a local consignment store. I came here to do a little research on it before taking the plunge.

I am a typical woman who loves my bags. I have a mostly classic style w\ a little preppy, a little trendy, n a lot of I love thrown in. 2 things get my attention & must both be checked for me to spend good money: 1st, it needs to catch my eye, knock me dwn, n say, you hv me written all over u; 2nd is quality. I lv my bags, my husband will spend up to a ridiculous amt when he finds they're on my "bucket list", lol. But, I still look for THE BEST price I can find. I will spend more on my classic styles. That being said, I'm a big believer that quality is timeless & retro is always in. When you buy a bag ask yrslf, if u can still see yrslf for YEARS loving it. If so, that's a win & a purchase. I admit, I'm old enough now I hv started making a mental list of which daughter\granddaughter gets left which bag by me knowing who'll love it the most. So, I just bought a like new YELLOW Epi Leather Saint Jacques certified Feb of '98 for an unbelievable price on Poshmark. I cannot wait!!!

Reactions: EpiFanatic
I am a typical woman who loves my bags. I have a mostly classic style w\ a little preppy, a little trendy, n a lot of I love thrown in. 2 things get my attention & must both be checked for me to spend good money: 1st, it needs to catch my eye, knock me dwn, n say, you hv me written all over u; 2nd is quality. I lv my bags, my husband will spend up to a ridiculous amt when he finds they're on my "bucket list", lol. But, I still look for THE BEST price I can find. I will spend more on my classic styles. That being said, I'm a big believer that quality is timeless & retro is always in. When you buy a bag ask yrslf, if u can still see yrslf for YEARS loving it. If so, that's a win & a purchase. I admit, I'm old enough now I hv started making a mental list of which daughter\granddaughter gets left which bag by me knowing who'll love it the most. So, I just bought a like new YELLOW Epi Leather Saint Jacques certified Feb of '98 for an unbelievable price on Poshmark. I cannot wait!!!
Congratulations!! My black Epi st Jacque is my favorite bag and in pristine condition. My teenage daughter loves the bag and doesn’t want me to use worried I will damage it. LOL! Please post pics when you get it.