Epi Speedy25 in Black

respectasale

Jan 2, 2008
I am considering an Epi Speedy 25 in black. It would be for everyday use. I am carrying a monogram neverfull mm which I like very much. I always carry shoulder bags, but am possibly ready for something different.

How durable is epi compared to the coated canvas? Also, do you think the matching wallet and accessories are too masculine? I wear denim and black most days.

Please give me input. Thank you!!!

I don't have an anything in the epi line but am considering an epi zippy ( i have a thread on this) and feedback I've gotten says than epi is very durable and would look more new as the years come. If you get the black epi speedy, perhaps get epi accessories in a different color (cassis, rubis, ivoire) to have more a pop of color.

Epi is veru durable, and black epi speedy 25 is CHIC! For wallets and SLGs I'd suggest you go for something more colourful to contrast against the black bag e.g. rubis (in epi) or one of the brighter vernis colours e.g. Rouge Faviste or Pomme (if you can locate one).

Black epi speedy 25 was my first LV. She is the LV that I will never, ever give up.
Extremely durable, very fuss-free!

I don't think I would get matchy matchy with the accessories. I like bright accessories because they are easier for me to find in my bags. :smile:

I have an epi speedy 30 (black). it's very durable. I live in rainy Vancouver and don't worry about it in wet weather. And it looks great with everything! Tres chic.

I own a lot of epi bags, and it is just as durable as the canvas ones. The speedy 25 in Epi is one of my favourites (I have it in red). But if you get it in black, I would get accessories in another colour (like vernis pomme or epi rubis)

Well actually I have been using my Epi Speedy 30 Noir for nearly two weeks in a run now.Has proven to be very durable. It is great for the Winter. Though I would consider getting a newer version as the old ones tend to be quite hard and I have read a lot about the leather cracking or it smelling a little odd.
All in all ,I´d say go for it :smile:

Epi is veru durable, and black epi speedy 25 is CHIC! For wallets and SLGs I'd suggest you go for something more colourful to contrast against the black bag e.g. rubis (in epi) or one of the brighter vernis colours e.g. Rouge Faviste or Pomme (if you can locate one).

I agree!

if you carry the neverfull MM, i would say possibly look into the epi in the 30. i have found that the 25 gets stuffed very quickly. i also carry the neverfull and i just feel liek the 30 would be better than the 25

Definitely get one! I have an older 30 and it's fabulous. Recently I scraped up against a limestone wall (It was dark!) and the bag is fine. All I had to do was get a cloth and all the marks came off the bag.

Comparing older bags on Ebay I would say for sure Epi is more durable. It is prone to creasing after a while but if you keep your bag full, which would be easier in a 25 I think you'll be fine.

If I was getting the black I would definitely go for some brighter SLG's, I love a pop of colour.