Epi Speedy man bag?

thisonce

Nov 6, 2012
I'm looking for a bag to carry every single day just to carry basic essentials and a ZCPW (future purchase) do you think the Epi Speedy in black is too feminine of a bag to carry or a bandolier speedy in DE? What bags might you suggest that are unisex and are good every day bags?

I think that the epi speedy would be nice but I could not imagine having a handheld everyday. I need my hands. So the speedy b would win for me though I prefer black. Any interest in DG. I'm such a lover of the mick. I carry it when DH is not.

I travel a lot, for business, and I see men carry the speedy monogram frequently (usually 25). I have never seen an Epi carried but I think black would be very classy. Good luck!

I have a Speedy 40 that is a great size, but I am selling it. I prefer my Keepall 45s. I also loved the Tadao when I tried it on. You could also look at the Epi Sac Plat. The Speedy B 35 would be great too.

I would get the Epi Speedy and purchase an Epi leather shoulder strap. I purchased my Damier speedy and was given a Utah leather strap to use with it ( this was prior to the Speedy B). I was actually considering this combo at the time but decided that a canvas bag would be better for the rainy & snowy canadian weather. (I'm a 22yr old guy, 5'11, 125 lbs if that helps), I would go with speedy 35, I found the 30 to be too feminine on me.

I would get the Epi Speedy and purchase an Epi leather shoulder strap. I purchased my Damier speedy and was given a Utah leather strap to use with it ( this was prior to the Speedy B). I was actually considering this combo at the time but decided that a canvas bag would be better for the rainy & snowy canadian weather. (I'm a 22yr old guy, 5'11, 125 lbs if that helps), I would go with speedy 35, I found the 30 to be too feminine on me.

Ohh okay thanks! However how do you put the straps on even if its not a bandolier? I'm 6'0 and around 160lbs so I think the 35 would be perfect too!

I hook each end of the strap to one of the rings attaching the handles to the bag. I don't overfill my bag much, so I haven't had any issues. Although I have heard through TPF that this has damaged some of peoples bags. However my SA offered to get me the strap since I was adamant on a cross-body bag, so I suppose that it can't be too damaging to it.

I travel a lot, for business, and I see men carry the speedy monogram frequently (usually 25). I have never seen an Epi carried but I think black would be very classy. Good luck!

I live in manhattan, and have been to many cities. I have never seen a man carry a speedy. It is a very feminine bag. It is a purse, not a bag for men. LV makes so many beautiful bags for men, I don't see the reason for men buying purses. It looks odd and is not professional IMO but to each his own. (I'm a 23 year old gay guy whose very open).

25? Really? That is hard to imagine, it's tiny! To each their own, of course, but I'm surprised that's the most common size.

OP, I love the Epi Speedy, but I feel like the 35 is too small for me. If it was available in the 40 I'd go for it. I think it comes down to personal preference. You can find pre-loved vintage Epi Speedy 40s though, if you don't mind buying used.

25? Really? That is hard to imagine, it's tiny! To each their own, of course, but I'm surprised that's the most common size.

OP, I love the Epi Speedy, but I feel like the 35 is too small for me. If it was available in the 40 I'd go for it. I think it comes down to personal preference. You can find pre-loved vintage Epi Speedy 40s though, if you don't mind buying used.

Lol the day I see a man carrying a speedy 25...

i think the black epi would look great... since you don't mind hand held bags.... what about themono or DE sac plat??!! such a nice tote and it's hand held and i have seen a lot of men carrying it!! i was at Yorkdale on saturday and i saw a guy totally rock the mono sac plat!!!:cool: i have also seen many guys wear the speedy... but it's usually the mono 40!! i think a bigger bag might look a bit better!

You guys cracked me up! LMAO. I didn't buy the 25 size for these men I saw! I recall a very distinguised middle aged Asian man in Chicago that was carrying a mon speedy. It didn't look new, so I can only assume that he had this piece for many years and still enjoyed it! You guys act like I saw David Beckham carrying a vintage speedy 25 instead of the Mick. I must say that I am giggling a bit though thinking of that visual while Posh is carrying her own keepall 50!