Epi speedy cracking problems?

Azusa

O.G.
Mar 9, 2008
Hi,

I am thinking of getting a the new epi speedy in grenade, but today a friend told me not to get the epi speedy because some friend of hers bought one sometime ago and apparently she said the epi speedy sags big time and also cracks at the bottom because of the sag.

Now i know that i can always buy a shaper to put it down the bottom but i have never heard of the actual bag cracking, is that very common? because while i am okay to buy a shaper, but if it has such a high chance to crack, then i might save the money and buy the damier neverfull which is a second on my list...

any experience or heard about this before?

i have an epi speedy in black, and i dont know if it's bec i don't tend to overload it but my bag doesn't sag, at all... i think it's also bec the material is kinda solid and won't really sag the way canvas does. as for cracks, i've only noticed minor wrinkles, esp around the zipper, but absolutely no cracks. this bag is so easy to maintain, it can withstand rain and any other liquid... i would recommend it to anyone!

I also have an epi speedy in black; there is zero sag. I carry quite a bit too.
I have some little wrinkles around the zipper, but I think that is just from the leather softening up. There are definitely no cracks.

Yes, I've heard of this through my SA at LV. The older generation of Epi bags had this problem of cracking, esp. the non-structured ones like the Speedy or Noe. For those of you who have been with LV a long time, you'll probably remember that most Epi bag styles were rigid. LV has solved the problem...and now most (if not all) Epi bags are what's called "generation 2." I recently purchased a black Epi generation 2 Noe bag, which is now discontinued. My SA had to search for it...and there were still some "Generation 1s" around, which he didn't recommend due to the cracking problem. And mine is still perfect...some slight wrinkling...but I abuse it! Long story short, yours will be fine!

Hmmm thats interesting, i want the speedy 30 cassis but abit reluctant now! I did see sum wher on here sum1 had cracked the handle of the what looked like an epi, I can't find the thread she covered it with the monogramoflage bandeau, she said it cracked from storage i cant say 4 def what the handle was made out of, but if sum1 cud find the thread that wud be great! and we cud ask the owner!

Yes, I've heard of this through my SA at LV. The older generation of Epi bags had this problem of cracking, esp. the non-structured ones like the Speedy or Noe. For those of you who have been with LV a long time, you'll probably remember that most Epi bag styles were rigid. LV has solved the problem...and now most (if not all) Epi bags are what's called "generation 2." I recently purchased a black Epi generation 2 Noe bag, which is now discontinued. My SA had to search for it...and there were still some "Generation 1s" around, which he didn't recommend due to the cracking problem. And mine is still perfect...some slight wrinkling...but I abuse it! Long story short, yours will be fine!

Wow - thank you for that helpful information! I knew that the new epi was called "soft epi" so that's probably what they meant by it.
I noticed that a lot of the older Noes on eBay are the "Generation 1" leathers - I know that the mandarin noes/speedys are "Generation 2" and if you want to get a Generation 2 Noe, then make sure it has palladium hardware...