EPI noir speedy 25 questions! help! need epi experts

jun3machina

hopelessly addicted
O.G.
Apr 11, 2006
been a long time since i posted...
but as i reach a new stage in my life, I really want an investment bag.
I used to have mono speedies...loved them.
But I'm not so keen on wearing monogram so much now.

I have always been interested in the epi line, had a sac plat epi and a speedy 35 ( but sold as it was much too big)

I am looking at a speedy 25 right now...but i have a few questions.
I have read a lot of threads as well, but havn't found answers yet, so im hoping experts or owners could chime in.

I am a mom, 5'6" and dress in neutrals and earth tones.

*compared to the mono speedy 30, is the 25 epi noir lighter or heavier?

*i've read a lot of people think the opening is snug on the epi...if i dont carry a whle lot, do you think this will be an issue?

*is the bag bulky because the epi leather is stiffer than canvas mono? does it soften with use?

*as far as aging well, it seems like it's mixed reviews...any complaints about wear/tear on an epi speedy besides wrinkling?

*modeling pics with and without shoulder strap pretty please??

I'm a newbie but I'll try to help. I got a preloved black Epi speedy in 25 in August. It's from '95 and has been well taken care of. There's one deep crease. I have noticed my lock rubbing a bit and dulling the leather.
I do not own any other bags so I can't compare the weight sorry.
The zipper opening is kind of tight. My hand usually rubs against it when putting my hand inside. I do have big hands though. I put my long wallet in on an angle and it goes in fine.
I will try to take pics for you.

Hey! I had a hard time deciding if I should get an epi speedy 25 or 30. I have 2 sz. 30 canvas speedys, and I ended up with the epi 25 in noir because I am 5'3" (I felt an epi 30 would be too big on me). It is heavier than my canvas speedys, but not by enough to bother me. The opening is smaller, but I can still cary my Zippy wallet, mini pochette, cosmetic gm, sunglasses, keys, phone, and an diaper for my daughter. I have had it for a year, and I find it wears so well. It is such a great bag...You should get one ;) HTH!

My speedy bags are also mostly 30s but my epi is the 25. It's more like 27 tho :smile:. I think it's perfect actually. The opening is a little more narrow but I never really had an issue with the 25 opening in general. The little pocket on the side is a nice touch too. I will try to post photos tomorrow.

GL!

Thanks so much ladies! American woman, love you carry the diaper...hahah my Lil one is 21 months old...so yes I need something chic and practical.

Does anyone have pic's of the opening on the 25 with a ruler for measurement?

Hi - I have two epi speedies, one is from the 90's and the other mid 2000. There is a noticeable difference in the opening, not sure why the design changed but didn't stop me from getting the 2nd one. I like the 25 it's just the right size for me, I'm 5'0 and a 30 looks like it's carrying me. My 90's bag is showing signs of age but still looks great and I don't baby my bags.

The epi speedy was my first lv bag which I regretted. Don't use it anymore. It's too stiff and bulky, like carrying a box. I keep banging into stuff and the leather peels. Mine is from 2010.