EPI noir speedy 25 questions! help! need epi experts

jun3machina

hopelessly addicted
O.G.
Apr 11, 2006
been a long time since i posted...
but as i reach a new stage in my life, I really want an investment bag.
I used to have mono speedies...loved them.
But I'm not so keen on wearing monogram so much now.

I have always been interested in the epi line, had a sac plat epi and a speedy 35 ( but sold as it was much too big)

I am looking at a speedy 25 right now...but i have a few questions.
I have read a lot of threads as well, but havn't found answers yet, so im hoping experts or owners could chime in.

I am a mom, 5'6" and dress in neutrals and earth tones.

*compared to the mono speedy 30, is the 25 epi noir lighter or heavier?

*i've read a lot of people think the opening is snug on the epi...if i dont carry a whle lot, do you think this will be an issue?

*is the bag bulky because the epi leather is stiffer than canvas mono? does it soften with use?

*as far as aging well, it seems like it's mixed reviews...any complaints about wear/tear on an epi speedy besides wrinkling?

*modeling pics with and without shoulder strap pretty please??

Mimosfriend

Aug 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I'm a newbie but I'll try to help. I got a preloved black Epi speedy in 25 in August. It's from '95 and has been well taken care of. There's one deep crease. I have noticed my lock rubbing a bit and dulling the leather.
I do not own any other bags so I can't compare the weight sorry.
The zipper opening is kind of tight. My hand usually rubs against it when putting my hand inside. I do have big hands though. I put my long wallet in on an angle and it goes in fine.
I will try to take pics for you.

Jun 13, 2012
Hey! I had a hard time deciding if I should get an epi speedy 25 or 30. I have 2 sz. 30 canvas speedys, and I ended up with the epi 25 in noir because I am 5'3" (I felt an epi 30 would be too big on me). It is heavier than my canvas speedys, but not by enough to bother me. The opening is smaller, but I can still cary my Zippy wallet, mini pochette, cosmetic gm, sunglasses, keys, phone, and an diaper for my daughter. I have had it for a year, and I find it wears so well. It is such a great bag...You should get one ;) HTH!

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
My speedy bags are also mostly 30s but my epi is the 25. It's more like 27 tho :smile:. I think it's perfect actually. The opening is a little more narrow but I never really had an issue with the 25 opening in general. The little pocket on the side is a nice touch too. I will try to post photos tomorrow.

GL!

jun3machina

hopelessly addicted
O.G.
Apr 11, 2006
Thanks so much ladies! American woman, love you carry the diaper...hahah my Lil one is 21 months old...so yes I need something chic and practical.

Does anyone have pic's of the opening on the 25 with a ruler for measurement?

cmars

O.G.
Jan 6, 2009
at home
Hi - I have two epi speedies, one is from the 90's and the other mid 2000. There is a noticeable difference in the opening, not sure why the design changed but didn't stop me from getting the 2nd one. I like the 25 it's just the right size for me, I'm 5'0 and a 30 looks like it's carrying me. My 90's bag is showing signs of age but still looks great and I don't baby my bags.

viewwing

i luv bags
O.G.
Oct 1, 2008
In bag fantasy
The epi speedy was my first lv bag which I regretted. Don't use it anymore. It's too stiff and bulky, like carrying a box. I keep banging into stuff and the leather peels. Mine is from 2010.