Epi leather color coming off

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all, I was wearing my alma bb in epi fuschia purchased few months ago and a light colored burberry trench coat, the color of my bb transfered on to my coat (at the shoulder spot )!! Horrible ! The coat is ruined as the color cannot be removed from my coat :sad: very very sad.

I'm getting in touch with lv cs, any advise? TIA

2. Wow! That's terrible!!!! I've heard of the opposite often (color of clothing transferring to bag) but never this! Please keep us updated! On another note, try color remover by RIT or if that fails maybe you can dye the coat with Rit Dye?

3. Sorry to hear that. I think LV quality is getting poor everyday. I have not heard color tranfer from epi. I hope things work out for you. Keep up updated.

4. wow, this is concerning. do you think the color came from the epi leather itself or perhaps the glazing? do you see any areas on the strap where the color shows that it has rubbed off?

5. I'm so sorry that happened to your trench! That must be so upsetting! I hope you're somehow able to get it out!!

6. I have checked with lv, and the color transfer came from the glazing. They sent it back to do some further checking, and I'll keep u all updated :sad:

7. I have an Alma BB in fuschia. Got it in February and I use it often. I have had no color transfer problems at all. I have worn it with white blouses and tops and never had an issue. Do you wear tours cross body. I only wear mine on the shoulder but that shouldn't make a difference I suppose. Maybe the dry cleaners can help?

8. I worn mine on the shoulder too, and the color rubbed on to the shoulder and all the way down to the side boobs area (its not very noticable though, but still upsets me, as my trench coat was in pretty new conditions) I will have to see lv's response before sending it to the dry cleaners :sad:

9. Did you happen to take pictures?

10. Oh, I'm so very sorry to hear about your Burberry trench! They don't give those gorgeous things away. I'm not sure I would wait for LV to take the trench to the dry cleaners for evaluation. The quicker you get to a stain, the better I think.

I really hope this all works out. I guess I'll be more careful with my colorful Epi handbags after hearing this. :amazed:

11. This is very disappointing, please keep us posted.

12. +1

13. Hi. I know this is an older thread, but I'm brand new to this site & had a similar question. My vintage red epi french wallet had mild color bleeding when I cleaned it with a baby wipe. Is this normal?