Epi Leather Alma PM

deltalady

Oct 25, 2011
TX
I'm in the market for an Alma PM in Epi leather. I plan to purchase one from the Paris flagship store next month while there on business. I already own a black Epi Speedy 25 from 1998. My question is how does the new Epi leather differ from the older Epi leather? Are they less rigid? If any owners can chime in on how the new Epi leather wears in comparison to the older Epi leather, that would be great.

fabuleux

STAND UP
Aug 3, 2014
I'm in the market for an Alma PM in Epi leather. I plan to purchase one from the Paris flagship store next month while there on business. I already own a black Epi Speedy 25 from 1998. My question is how does the new Epi leather differ from the older Epi leather? Are they less rigid? If any owners can chime in on how the new Epi leather wears in comparison to the older Epi leather, that would be great.
The Alma uses the same Épi leather. The more flexible Épi is only used on some soft bags.

Reactions: deltalady

catsinthebag

adopt a shelter pet!
O.G.
Sep 7, 2010
Boston Strong!
I just bought an Epi Alma PM so can't speak to how it ages, but it is a very stiff, structured bag. I think the only way for it to lose its shape is if it were abused/overstuffed. It's pretty rigid!

deltalady

Oct 25, 2011
TX
Thank you all. What worried me is the display model at my local LV boutique was badly dented. I guess it was due to multiple people handling it daily.

tenKrat

Wabi-sabi
O.G.
Jul 29, 2008
My Epi Alma PM is nine years old. It has maintained its shape and still looks great.

Reactions: j19

Diorlvlover

May 10, 2014
I have an epi alma PM which is more than 5 years old.
Although, I haven't shown her much love lately she is aging gracefully.

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I've had my cyan epi alma pm for 5 years - looks perfect. I had a cassis epi speedy 30 - sold it last year. It developed a dent and I really did not like how the zipper had little give so accessing the interior was always a pain. The alma is a much better design for epi, especially since the zipper goes down the sides of the bag, unlike the speedy. If you like your speedy, you will love the alma in epi.

LVlifer

Feb 23, 2016
I have a black Epi Alma PM for 10 years. It looks still looks perfect. I am very careful with it though. I make sure not to bang it against any surface. I do think you have to be careful using this bag.

Annabel Lee

Dec 27, 2013
I have a hot pink Alma PM that I just bought about a year ago. I don't baby it at all, and it looks great. I'm not sure how a bag cou;d get badly dented without some serious abuse, but what a shame.

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I have a hot pink Alma PM that I just bought about a year ago. I don't baby it at all, and it looks great. I'm not sure how a bag cou;d get badly dented without some serious abuse, but what a shame.
It was an issue with the epi speedy design, which was part of the reason it was discontinued and why more flexible epi is used for bags such as the noe. A speedy, if ever reintroduced, would need the more flexible leather. I do not abuse my bags by any stretch of the imagination.

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
It was an issue with the epi speedy design, which was part of the reason it was discontinued and why more flexible epi is used for bags such as the noe. A speedy, if ever reintroduced, would need the more flexible leather. I do not abuse my bags by any stretch of the imagination.
Epi speedies are back! I don't have the new ones but they look gorgeous.

sscott06

Mar 11, 2017
Friendswood Tx
Love my epi Alma's. They hold their shape nicely. Mine are still only a few months old but feel confident they will remain this way after reading about you guys.

Annabel Lee

Dec 27, 2013
Sorry, clu, my response was to this post:

Thank you all. What worried me is the display model at my local LV boutique was badly dented. I guess it was due to multiple people handling it daily.
I would never dream that a TPFer would abuse a bag!

I can see a speedy developing a dent, but it seems nearly impossible on a new epi Alma given the structured nature of the bag.