Epi Electric Brea PM vs. Trevi PM

AmaranteLV

O.G.
Oct 12, 2010
Why?

Today I returned the Vernis Alma MM in Pomme D'Amour. Why? The lining was sewn in crooked, there was a small indentation on the bottom rim in the front (not made be me as I just picked up the bag last night at my local LV boutique which I had shipped there overnight), and found her to be too awkward to carry IMO (I'm 5'7", normal build). The color is to DIE for :drool: - such a shame.

After reading here on tPF several threads on quality issues, I really got turned off of LV brand. Needless to say, this morning I had no intentions of purchasing a replacement for the Pomme.

BUT,

In a foot level, glass box sat inside an Epi Electric Brea PM. I'm a SUCKER for any and all things shiny (hence my Alma PM in Amarante, Vernis Cle and Zippy Wallet in Pomme), and spent 45 minutes hemming and hawing with the SA. After reading all the quality issues, a ton of questions ran through my head, as I've never felt inclined towards ANY of the Epi line...what a about chipping, what about stitching in high usage areas (around base and the top where the seams meet the sides of the bag), how does the Epi hold up next the Vernis, is the Brea considered a "classic piece" like the Alma and Speedy and ???????????? I inspected each inch of the bag and then some.

THEN the SA said they just got a shipment in last night :nuts: and I asked if you got in a Trevi PM. "Let me check for you." "Yes, we do but it's on reserve for another customer (sold)." :shucks: Mmmm....

WHY?

Why do I buy other items besides the Trevi PM, which I DIE for and is at top of my LV wish list? The Pomme D'Amour is going to be discontinued this year (which I just got off the phone with another SA who said that LV announced today that it's a permanent color - as permanent a color can be), same with the Amarante, the Epi Electric is a limited edition...or it's permanency is unknown. The Trevi PM is a permanent piece.

So, I buy the Epi Electric Brea PM (love the color, shape, functionality with the shoulder strap, the toggle zipper thingy (similar to the Trivoli toggle except in silver), the large, easy access opening, the zipper closure and the zipper interior pocket. A lot to love. But then I think, "Did I purchase the right bag? What about the Trevi PM? Why not get on a wait list for her?"

Come on, let's be completely honest her, eventually I will have her in my archives, but I find it SO peculiar that I haven't yet sought her...red velvet interior...those pleats...her gorgeous shape...:drool:...shoulder strap....

Is the Eip Electric too similar to my Alma Amarante as a dressy, yet semi-versatile bag?

What's in my handbag LV closet - only? Damier Speedy 35, Mono Artsy GM, and Vernis Alma PM in Amarante. And, of course, no the Epi Electric Brea PM.

HELP!!! Or, don't I need help, just more inventory of the Trevi PM? (Gosh, I miss comparison shopping in the LV store - which Trevi PM? This one, that one, or the other one?):P

Keep the Epi Electric for sure! You won't see many of those out there!

You can get the Trevi any other time, it's not going anywhere anytime soon. =)

If you don't mind, may I ask how much the epi electric Brea PM is?

I couldn't stop thinking about the Trevi PM for MONTHS, and now that I finally own it I'm absolutely in LOVE with it! But with that said, I also think that the Epi Electric is stunning. Since the Trevi PM is going to be around for awhile, I'd keep the Epi :yes:

I have the epi electric Brea GM and it is a gorgeous bag!! It is currently my favourite for going to work - as it fits in my laptop. I think you made the right choice by keeping the brea.

I have the Trevi on my wishlist too. :smile: I meant to pop into LV today when I was at Saks but had to meet DH :sad:.

So is the Trevi Ebene for sure a permanent piece?? I thought I read it was a limited edition and I was planning on purchasing in the new year so was getting a bit nervous that I might not get one.