Epi coquelicote same color as rubis?

Hi, thanks for the input. I'm planning to buy an Alma in rubis and want to buy also a strap for it, I found one on eBay but it's in coquelicote. Do you think I can just pair them or there's obvious difference in color?
I've seen true reds like pomme d'amour, cerise and carmine. But coquelicot is very bright and has a tinge of orange. There will be an obvious difference in colour between it and rubis, imo. If I wanted to have an unnoticeable pairing of bag and strap, I would not get coquelicot. But if you don't mind that then it would not be too much of a clash. Have you checked/searched for comparison photos?

I've seen true reds like pomme d'amour, cerise and carmine. But coquelicot is very bright and has a tinge of orange. There will be an obvious difference in colour between it and rubis, imo. If I wanted to have an unnoticeable pairing of bag and strap, I would not get coquelicot. But if you don't mind that then it would not be too much of a clash. Have you checked/searched for comparison photos?
Thanks for the advice. I'm still searching for photos to compare. Or might just wait for rubis strap to be listed on eBay.

Thanks for the advice. I'm still searching for photos to compare. Or might just wait for rubis strap to be listed on eBay.
Wishing you luck with your search! :smile: Some don't mind having bag + strap in colours that are "close enough", but others would be bothered by not having them perfectly match. It's good you are willing to wait for what you'll love and use.

Hi. I'll attach a picture of my pouchette epi coquelicot. But Rubis is a gorgeous red color and coquelicot is red orange. To my eye I see more orange tones that come out.IMG_1492893373.212257.jpgIMG_1492893392.308951.jpg
Is the Alma you're buying preloved or are you buying in a different country than the US? I haven't seen Alma's in the rubis color? At least I don't recall anything in the past 3 years maybe here in US. I know there other items like the Lockme II BB and the Capucine in rubis color. But would love to see the Alma in rubis. It's beautiful on the two bags I listed[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Hi. I'll attach a picture of my pouchette epi coquelicot. But Rubis is a gorgeous red color and coquelicot is red orange. To my eye I see more orange tones that come out.View attachment 3675590View attachment 3675591
Is the Alma you're buying preloved or are you buying in a different country than the US? I haven't seen Alma's in the rubis color? At least I don't recall anything in the past 3 years maybe here in US. I know there other items like the Lockme II BB and the Capucine in rubis color. But would love to see the Alma in rubis. It's beautiful on the two bags I listed[emoji173]️[emoji173]️
Hi there! Beautiful color of your pouchete:smile: It's a preloved Alma and it's from the Philippines. The seller said it's from 2010 collection. I'm still contemplating on buying it though. Always looking at the listing everytime I wake up! Lol!

Hi there! Beautiful color of your pouchete:smile: It's a preloved Alma and it's from the Philippines. The seller said it's from 2010 collection. I'm still contemplating on buying it though. Always looking at the listing everytime I wake up! Lol!
Thank you. I googled the rubis color on the Alma BB and looked at the pictures. Looks beautiful on the Alma! But, it's for sure more of a red with very little if any orange undertones. I wouldn't buy a coquelicot strap for it though. Unless you don't mind the differences in the two colors. Good luck on your decision.

Thank you. I googled the rubis color on the Alma BB and looked at the pictures. Looks beautiful on the Alma! But, it's for sure more of a red with very little if any orange undertones. I wouldn't buy a coquelicot strap for it though. Unless you don't mind the differences in the two colors. Good luck on your decision.
Yes me too, thanks for the advice! :smile: