Epi bags, do they get scratch/scuff marks?

My black epi that I'm using regularly is quite durable. No scuff marks or anything at all. The only wear on the epi is on the D-ring and the zipper pull - those do get scratched with age. I generally am pretty anal about the upkeep of my bags and I find epi easier to take care of than other lines. hth!:lol:

Care said:
It's very durable and resistant to rain and dirt, but it DOES get scratched quite easily.

i just got a big scratch on my epi jasmin...:shame:

Oh no, really? what color is your jasmin? Where? :cry: I'm thinking of getting a black jasmin!

I have the epi Alma and I carried it to work during the summer almost every day for 2 months. I was working in nyc, carrying it around on the subways, bumping into things/people, and not a scratch! If it was any other bag, I'm sure it would have a few scuffs at least by now. Epi is definitely my favorite!!

I've noticed creases/stress marks at the sides of the zippers where I have to part my speedy to dig stuff out of it, but I haven't noticed any scratch marks, per se. I don't think it scratches easily, but I don't put my bag on the floor (a purse hook is great for that) and I'm very careful, usually, about how it's handled.

My epi speedy still looks good, though I've only carried it a couple of times. My epi wallet actually looks kind of rough, and I'm very careful with it. All of the corners have started to chip/tear so that the underneath shows. I've only had it for 6 months, and it probably started to chip after 2 or 3 months.

Certain bags are prone to scratching more. Epi speedies do better than Alma for example. Alma bag has that smooth "rim" on the bottom. THAT scratches very easily. The bags (such as Jasmin, speedy, pochette) that have all of the wrinkly epi matrerial on the top seem to be better for scratches.

I have a Petite Noe made in 92 (bought it earlier this year) and it isn't excessively scratched or scuffed. It is actually in great shape despite its age. Epi seems to hold up very well.

Merlion said:
I've been wearing my red Saint-Jacques for the last three years. Every time I come to LV store with my Epi they congrtulate me with new purchase :yes:

I :heart: the Saint-Jacques! I was also thinking of the Petite Noe. It's so hard to decide but I think the price increase unfortunately put some out of my reach at the moment. :rolleyes: :shame: