Eole for Travel - Good Investment?

Doglover1610

Island Girl
O.G.
Nov 5, 2009
Hello fellow LVoers!

Been out for a while - surgeries, new job, the like - but I'm back!

Currently eyeing the Eole rolling carryon for my yearly LV buy. Do any of you own this piece? What are your thoughts on it?

I do not own this piece. But, I own a number of LV pieces and I am flight crew. This is why I would never own this piece. Being 21.7 inches long it is not always going to fit in the overhead bin. It is going to go through hell with baggage handling. It is going to draw attention as a luxury peice with possibly luxury items inside. While LV was originally made for travel, I am not sure it makes a great travel piece in the modern world. I check my bag a lot when I travel and I,m currently missing two zipper pulls. This happens a lot. I'm really not sure what the baggage handlers do but the whole process is rough on luggage.

I do not own this piece. But, I own a number of LV pieces and I am flight crew. This is why I would never own this piece. Being 21.7 inches long it is not always going to fit in the overhead bin. It is going to go through hell with baggage handling. It is going to draw attention as a luxury peice with possibly luxury items inside. While LV was originally made for travel, I am not sure it makes a great travel piece in the modern world. I check my bag a lot when I travel and I,m currently missing two zipper pulls. This happens a lot. I'm really not sure what the baggage handlers do but the whole process is rough on luggage.
This. Also, the Eole can act weird depending on how you pack it. If the weight is balanced to the wrong side, you will have to deal with it constantly tipping over because it's not balanced.

I remember going to the airport on a field trip several years ago and watching how luggage is moved from the check-in desk to the plane itself - it's not, I repeat is NOT, a pretty nor gentle process and there's no way on earth I would buy luxury luggage without the express knowledge that it can fit under the seat in front of me. Airlines are becoming increasingly stringent on what is considered an acceptable size for carryon (it's only going to get worse) and more and more I find that my 'carryon suitcase' is now stopped at the gate and sent down. Play it safe and invest in luggage designed for that type of abuse and instead leave luxury to smaller items such as a Keepall 50 (even 55's are pushing it IMHO) or a purse/tote.

Last edited:
Hello fellow LVoers!

Been out for a while - surgeries, new job, the like - but I'm back!

Currently eyeing the Eole rolling carryon for my yearly LV buy. Do any of you own this piece? What are your thoughts on it?
It's fine as a carryon, as long as you don't fly tiny regional jets. However, it's a bit on the heavy side in my opinion. Have you checked it out in stores?