Can someone recommend an online authentication service

Maybe so but she makes too many mistakes. I would never trust her to authenticate what experts like Entinceler won't even do by photos.

I agree with you...she has made some Hermes errors as well. When I suggested her services, I assumed OP wanted the information to file a dispute. However, after reading the original post again, that may not be the case and I wouldn't utilize her services for any other reason.

Hi, I'm sorry if there is already a thread about this but can anyone recommend a reputable authentication service? I recently sold a 2005 Chanel GST on eBay and the buyer does not feel that it's authentic because she is only aware of the newer versions and does not trust me as the hardware is a bit different. So I'm currently out of the product and the money.

I've already posted in the Authenticate This Chanel forum but I am under a time constraint and I understand it takes them a while to go through all of the requests.

I have already emailed Carol Diva and My Poupette with requests and have not heard back from them.

Thanks in advance!

This has been asked many times!! Please always do a search first particularly when you are under time constrained!

Members mostly use Enticer or A4U and found good results with them

And it looks to me that your purpose is for eBay dispute you should check on eBay forum first! Lots of info there already about authenticating Chanel for eBay there!

I hadn't heard of this but I love the idea. The prices seem very reasonable so that even small businesses that can't afford an onsite authenticator could get it.

Here's to hoping they develop a consumer model. I would happily buy one to make sure that preloved bags I buy are authentic.

Interesting but do not find it reliable with just the claims on developed by team with 8 degrees and the 96% accuracy etc.

By brand what is the quantity tested, % accuracy, of those accurately tested: fake%vs real? Would help to post those stats IMO before I belive it's real. Each brand by leather or style type and time factor (vintage vs new) has so much differences that the points of where they scan is important and only would be relevant if they have someone who knew the brand items and advice them well on "how" and where to test for accuracy. I can imagine it's not easy. Great concept probably works on tech end too. However as any tech, to work well it needs the human knowledge factor to teach it or guide it to work correctly. The successful companies know that and invest in that vs just the tech. :P

Reactions: MamaSleepy
Interesting but do not find it reliable with just the claims on developed by team with 8 degrees and the 96% accuracy etc.

By brand what is the quantity tested, % accuracy, of those accurately tested: fake%vs real? Would help to post those stats IMO before I belive it's real. Each brand by leather or style type and time factor (vintage vs new) has so much differences that the points of where they scan is important and only would be relevant if they have someone who knew the brand items and advice them well on "how" and where to test for accuracy. I can imagine it's not easy. Great concept probably works on tech end too. However as any tech, to work well it needs the human knowledge factor to teach it or guide it to work correctly. The successful companies know that and invest in that vs just the tech. :P
Good questions but I doubt they'd post these answers on the site. Those questions would likely be answered to some extent during the sales process - with more answers being given to higher volume potential prospects. But there is no good reason to give up more of the secret sauce than they have to where competitors can gather the intel. A good marketing campaign to consumers could create enough pull where businesses feel they almost have to use this (or a similar product) to seem competitive making disclosure of the process even less "necessary" to many potential customers.

That being said, the vast variety in brands, styles, leathers, stitching, hardware and other elements could be easily handled and catalouged by a comprehensive database. And if they have put together the product they claim to have, they would have had to work with brand experts - either in house, former employees and / or career authenticators to get the detailed information they need. The site shows that they currently only handle a few brands. They will likely add more as they get the data and experience.

I'm hopeful on this.

The consignment store that I shop at uses entrupy as their authentication service. I recently purchased an older Chanel GST that seems right but is missing the serial sticker (the leather tab is there, but the sticker has peeled off) so I am just wondering if I should also run it by another service just to be safe. Thanks :smile:

Good Evening. I recently came in to possession of a Chanel Brooch and I am looking to have it professionally authenticated. I know almost nothing about authenticating Chanel but felt comfortable enough that it was authentic that I purchased it. After doing some research I am even more confident that it is authentic. The hallmark on the back of the piece is correct for the date (fall 2012) and the brooch itself is amazing, but would like the peace of mind of having it properly authenticated. Ten years ago when I first got in to designer goods there were not many options for authentication and I think the ones who were top choice back then are no longer top choice so I am looking for suggestions for authenticating a Chanel brooch. I have found Etinceler, however their website seems really simplistic I am wondering if they are top choice and if not who would be.

Thank you in advance
Cheers
Chey