Entrupy: The future for bag authentications

Sparkletastic

Jun 18, 2012
Qo'noS
I hadn't heard of this but I love the idea. The prices seem very reasonable so that even small businesses that can't afford an onsite authenticator could get it.

Here's to hoping they develop a consumer model. I would happily buy one to make sure that preloved bags I buy are authentic.

Vanana

I could give up shopping, but I'm not a quitter.
Jun 28, 2015
Interesting but do not find it reliable with just the claims on developed by team with 8 degrees and the 96% accuracy etc.

By brand what is the quantity tested, % accuracy, of those accurately tested: fake%vs real? Would help to post those stats IMO before I belive it's real. Each brand by leather or style type and time factor (vintage vs new) has so much differences that the points of where they scan is important and only would be relevant if they have someone who knew the brand items and advice them well on "how" and where to test for accuracy. I can imagine it's not easy. Great concept probably works on tech end too. However as any tech, to work well it needs the human knowledge factor to teach it or guide it to work correctly. The successful companies know that and invest in that vs just the tech. :P

Reactions: MamaSleepy

Sparkletastic

Jun 18, 2012
Qo'noS
Interesting but do not find it reliable with just the claims on developed by team with 8 degrees and the 96% accuracy etc.

By brand what is the quantity tested, % accuracy, of those accurately tested: fake%vs real? Would help to post those stats IMO before I belive it's real. Each brand by leather or style type and time factor (vintage vs new) has so much differences that the points of where they scan is important and only would be relevant if they have someone who knew the brand items and advice them well on "how" and where to test for accuracy. I can imagine it's not easy. Great concept probably works on tech end too. However as any tech, to work well it needs the human knowledge factor to teach it or guide it to work correctly. The successful companies know that and invest in that vs just the tech. :P
Good questions but I doubt they'd post these answers on the site. Those questions would likely be answered to some extent during the sales process - with more answers being given to higher volume potential prospects. But there is no good reason to give up more of the secret sauce than they have to where competitors can gather the intel. A good marketing campaign to consumers could create enough pull where businesses feel they almost have to use this (or a similar product) to seem competitive making disclosure of the process even less "necessary" to many potential customers.

That being said, the vast variety in brands, styles, leathers, stitching, hardware and other elements could be easily handled and catalouged by a comprehensive database. And if they have put together the product they claim to have, they would have had to work with brand experts - either in house, former employees and / or career authenticators to get the detailed information they need. The site shows that they currently only handle a few brands. They will likely add more as they get the data and experience.

I'm hopeful on this.