Enlighten The Prada Mommy With Your Hermes Knowledge!!lol!

You may have seen my prior posts about the Evelyne, since I love the bag so much I can't stop singing her praises!! There are two styles of Evelyne... the "regular" and the II version. The II version has the extra gusseted outer pocket but does not have the inside open pocket. I am used to a large purse ... also have a YSL Large Muse .... and I am amazed how much my Evelyne holds. There is room for all my stuff and even more.

I'm short so I didn't want a bag that would overpower me since I would be actually wearing it, so I got the PM size. I think if you are tall and need lots of space, then you could choose from either PM or GM.

I am not thin or even close and the strap fits me just fine as a messenger bag. I really love the wide strap as it makes it a very comfortable purse to wear. I like that the strap isn't adjustable because it gives it a more sleek look.

I have what they called "chocolate" but it is an extremely dark brown... couldn't be any darker. The strap matches it. I like that neither the strap nor bag will show dirt. Some of the bags have a strap that doesn't match. And that is fine but I tried a potiron and the strap was bright orange, so the strap overwhelmed the bag. Just something to be aware of. If the strap doesn't match, IMHO, it is better if the strap is a lighter color than the bag, not brighter.

I have the clemence leather and I love it. It is soft and just so yummy.

I have to say that when I got my Muse this fall I loved it and admired it, etc. But ever since I got my Evelyne a few weeks ago, I have not carried my Muse at all. What can I say... I'm totally in love with this handbag!

Oh, the price: It was $1,950 plus tax.

^^^ I tend to have the same storage expectations for any bag...JC Ramona, Chanel Diamond Stitch tote, H Birkin/Kelly... I plan to use Evelyne for an "everyday" travel bag... I don't like to overstuff her...but she fits multiple magazines and "essentials"... HTH...

oh, they have the Evelyne at the bellagio, I saw several of them (lots of colors and there were neutral colors as well).... my SA kept telling me to get one.. hehe... it is really pretty.... I still have to get one so maybe, that's my other purchase aside from the birkin....

and Jill, welcome to the H... your H shoes need company....you know you will like it here.. hehehe...

and Megs, you got that twilly right? maybe time for an H bag!!!!

by chance does anyone have the measuresments for the PM and the GM? I am so torn an undecided as to which size to get. so the main defference between the "regular" and the "II" version is just the pocekt on the out side? which style is more practical, the regular of the II? can someone post a picture of the inside of the PM?

Jill, the dark side is pulling us all in..lol.. who can resist such beauty.

i must say that everyone here is so kind and helpful. thank you!!