Cartier Love Bracelet Engraving

I have a YG 4 diamond on order from South Coast (CA) Cartier... and the SA said the limit was 7 characters. I was bummed till I read Lafemmenikita was able to engrave so many names on her bracelet. So I'm to understand that when the SA said 7 characters max, she meant between each diamond... ?

honeyq said:
I have a YG 4 diamond on order from South Coast (CA) Cartier... and the SA said the limit was 7 characters. I was bummed till I read Lafemmenikita was able to engrave so many names on her bracelet. So I'm to understand that when the SA said 7 characters max, she meant between each diamond... ?

Could be. What do you have in mind for your engraving?

Omg thats amazing! I need 36 characters and it was a deal breaker for me. Did you have to convince your SA at all to get that many letters, or did you just have to ask? I would hate to go in, buy it, and they say that it is true that 15 characters is max. Because then I would not buy it.

To be honest, I have no idea as my Mum and Dad got it sorted for me when they went to buy my Mum's RG 4 diamond one. Perhaps ask them before you buy it? My engraving takes up pretty much the whole side. I can't imagine they would have had to have convinced them too much - we hadn't agreed on what they were going to write so I'm they'd have thought of something else had there been an issue with the number of characters. Just in case anyone is interested, it was done at the Bond Street store in London. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Hello everyone,

I'm really contemplating getting my thin Loves and Love ring engraved. I was hoping to start a reference thread completely dedicated to all of our engraving experiences. Pics and any info about the engraving process (character limitations, fonts, symbols, etc.) would be great too!

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: nikkimau and Chaton
I did have my Love bracelet engraved years ago with our last name and date we were married. I received it for our 25th wedding anniversary and thought it would be nice to pass down to my daughter.

Reactions: Noyerx
I did have my Love bracelet engraved years ago with our last name and date we were married. I received it for our 25th wedding anniversary and thought it would be nice to pass down to my daughter.
That's beautiful! Do you have a pic? How did it turn out?

I got mine engraved then got divorced. Hard to sell it now. Nothing is forever
That makes sense. What I want to get engraved will be forever. And I don't plan on selling it ever. How did it turn out?

IMG_4799.JPG
Hello everyone,

I'm really contemplating getting my thin Loves and Love ring engraved. I was hoping to start a
Hello everyone,

I'm really contemplating getting my thin Loves and Love ring engraved. I was hoping to start a reference thread completely dedicated to all of our engraving experiences. Pics and any info about the engraving process (character limitations, fonts, symbols, etc.) would be great too!

Thanks everyone!

Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!

I engraved my daughter's name :smile: (pic above). When I was thinking about the engraving, I stopped by Cartier and they gave me the engraving form to take home. It has all the symbol options, the diff fonts and my SA jotted down how many letters/symbols are allowed for my piece. It was quite helpful.

And it took only a few days - they initially told me 2 weeks. Quite happy with the results.