ENGAGEMENT RINGS! What does yours look like?

My engagement ring is actually my great grandmother's ring, so it's about 100 years old. I'm not sure about any of the parameters of the central diamond or the tiny ones on the sides, but the metal is white gold. It miraculously fit me without any need to resize! She was apparently a very fashionable lady and would have been delighted to see me wear it. Bonus picture of a cool rainbow refracting off the inside of the diamond.
View attachment 5750079View attachment 5750081
Congratulations!!

I’m not married as my fiancé became terminally I’ll during lockdown, so I wear a ring which I bought myself, but I inherited my paternal grandmothers engagement ring, which my late Aunt had reset from platinum to yelllow gold, which I’m having remounted back to platinum.

Lucky you that it fits you as it is-it’s obviously meant to be , I’m sure she would be so happy that you’re wearing it!
I’m named for my grandmother, so I’ll wear my ring, but not all of the time as my Dad was very young when she died and I don’t want to upset him..

Wear your ring in good health and happiness xxx

Congratulations!!

I’m not married as my fiancé became terminally I’ll during lockdown, so I wear a ring which I bought myself, but I inherited my paternal grandmothers engagement ring, which my late Aunt had reset from platinum to yelllow gold, which I’m having remounted back to platinum.

Lucky you that it fits you as it is-it’s obviously meant to be , I’m sure she would be so happy that you’re wearing it!
I’m named for my grandmother, so I’ll wear my ring, but not all of the time as my Dad was very young when she died and I don’t want to upset him..

Wear your ring in good health and happiness xxx
Thank you so much!!

I'm so sorry about your fiancé, I hope you're enjoying and making the most of the time you have together. :heart:

I got my middle name from this great grandmother as well, so it seems it was doubly meant to be!

My newest ring is on hands that are very dry as one of my Siamese cats has renal failure and I’m cat feeding all of the time, so please excuse my poor hands..

Boodles Cullinan 1.07ct DVS2 pearshape diamond in Petal setting in platinum with Argyle pink diamonds

View attachment 5750097
Ohhh it's gorgeous!!

Thank you so much!!

I'm so sorry about your fiancé, I hope you're enjoying and making the most of the time you have together. :heart:

I got my middle name from this great grandmother as well, so it seems it was doubly meant to be!

Ohhh it's gorgeous!!
Thank you, unfortunately he’s much, much older than me..has dementia and is in oblivion -he was a Harley Street physician so now has a live in nurse and carer..we don’t live together..

I don’t wear an engagement ring as I’d be explaining all of the time-I just say I’m a cat Mom..
I do love my new ring-the pink diamonds are underneath, set into 18ct rose gold..it didn’t need resizing so that was meant for me too!

My engagement ring is actually my great grandmother's ring, so it's about 100 years old. I'm not sure about any of the parameters of the central diamond or the tiny ones on the sides, but the metal is white gold. It miraculously fit me without any need to resize! She was apparently a very fashionable lady and would have been delighted to see me wear it. Bonus picture of a cool rainbow refracting off the inside of the diamond.
Beautiful! I love the filigree on the gold. How special it is to have a family heirloom as your engagement ring. Congratulations!

Reactions: cecchetti
I’m absolutely in love - soooooo beautiful.

Congratulations!

Reactions: cecchetti
We’re celebrating a milestone anniversary this year! Here’s my upgrade, although I’m not allowed to officially have it because the date has not yet arrived. I can’t even believe it’s real, it’s so sparkly. My original ring was graded I color, SI clarity so this is SO different. This is a 3.7ct radiant on a size 5.5.

View attachment 5753810
Wow! Is that a radiant cut? It's gorgeous!

Reactions: abl13 and cecchetti
We’re celebrating a milestone anniversary this year! Here’s my upgrade, although I’m not allowed to officially have it because the date has not yet arrived. I can’t even believe it’s real, it’s so sparkly. My original ring was graded I color, SI clarity so this is SO different. This is a 3.7ct radiant on a size 5.5.

View attachment 5753810
Your ring is gorgeous!

Reactions: abl13 and cecchetti

View attachment 5753810
It is gorgeous! Congratulations!

Reactions: abl13
I absolutely love my ring, we chose it together. I'm not into large rings and this cost under £1000, we didn't want to spend too much. Engaged 3 days ago and im over the moon, our daughter loves it too! We want an amazing honeymoon, so kept the price in mind! So many beautiful rings
Screenshot_20230408_165421_Snapchat.jpgBeautiful! I love the filigree on the gold. How special it is to have a family heirloom as your engagement ring. Congratulations!