ENGAGEMENT RINGS! What does yours look like?

I love this thread and all the beautiful rings posted!
Here are mine: a Cartier Étincelle wedding band (this is the 2mm) and my engagement ring with 0.6 ct diamond. This ring has been designed and made by a local jeweler because my first was kind of too simple for my licking ;) I love the vintage look of my ring now and how my Cartier band is not overshadowed by it because of the space between the two rings :smile:
Thanks for letting me share :flowers:

8130471D-EAD1-4415-9D1F-D58AA57CAFC5.jpeg

E9B71395-FEA9-4745-83AC-816629C23BEC.jpeg

Our anniversary is coming up and I have been wanting to add another band to my wedding set. We ordered this one from Etsy and it turned out to be bigger than I was expecting. I kind of like it but my husband thinks it's too large and overpowers my wedding ring too much. What do you all think? I have a few days left to decide before the return window closes.

20210721_063914.jpg

20210721_063926.jpg

Last edited:
Our anniversary is coming up and I have been wanting to add another band to my wedding set. We ordered this one from Etsy and it turned out to be bigger than I was expecting. I kind of like it but my husband thinks it's too large and overpowers my wedding ring too much. What do you all think? I have a few days left to decide before the return window closes.

View attachment 5142693

View attachment 5142694
Overpower? No. Match or compliment? No. Different types/degrees of sparkle/light reflection.

View attachment 5142693

View attachment 5142694
I think that this stack is quite hefty on it's own. As @Gourmetgal already suggested, I feel that the ring on another finger will have more impact.

I usually just get a dip mani in either red or nude on my natural nails filed very short and round. I decided to go longer this time! I've literally never had long nails in my life, natural, acrylic, or otherwise! I got acrylic tips put on for the first time, with a nude/pink dip color to match. I feel like a Disney princess—except for the fact that I almost scratched my cornea out trying to take out my contacts! :P :P :P View attachment 5123745
Beautiful set. I love seeing gold settings. Can I ask what color your pear is? Im planning on a gold setting.

I might be in a minority, but I knew for sure I did not want a diamond! My idea was always for a marquise or pear-shaped colored center stone with moissanite side/accent stones but the actual shape and configuration were up in the air until it got put together. I also wanted something on the more modest stone size but with a wider band - slim bands look out of scale on my wide fingers and while a lot of my clothes and costume jewelry might be bolder, for an engagement ring I wanted something a little quieter but more unique for daily use.

My fiance wanted to be sure I got exactly what I wanted, and I already had a local jewelry designer in mind from purchasing her fashion jewelry over the years and seeing that she did fine jewelry and custom/engagement pieces as well. At the point we were looking at buying and not just me dreaming about it, I knew I wanted Alexandrite. It's super unique (natural stones are "rarer than diamonds" though this is a lab stone) and changes color in different lighting, between a blue-green and a purple-red and my favorite color has always been purple.

PXL_20210226_214945794.jpeg

PXL_20201230_000151569.jpeg

It has been impossible to capture the blue/green/teal shades on camera! I can look down and it looks completely bright teal and still photograph blurple haha. It also looks red-orange with flashes of green through my sunglasses, which I found out was due to a property unrelated to its color change - pleochroism and polarized light or something or other haha.

005.jpg

Super happy with how it turned out and excited but also intimidated by the prospect of wedding planning. We got engaged earlier this year but are targeting Summer/Fall 2023 for our wedding.