Engagement Ring Questions

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello, I am new to this forum and thought I would post my questions here. I just got engaged a few weeks ago. My ring is gorgeous. A little over 1 carat center and .60 in my setting. My diamond is very high quality and really nothing to overlook. But I guess me being diamond obsessed, I had kinda wanted a 1.5 carat stone. I love mine but I find myself comparing size to others. I feel that even though I feel this way, in a part of me I know its ridiculous because it was the intent behind the ring that is the part to focus on. Any thoughts on this?

2. Alexandra80 I know exactly how you feel. When I got my e-ring it was pretty much the same. A carat in the middle and baguettes on the sides. I to kept comparing to others and really was never satisfied. I kept wanting a bigger stone. At the eight year mark we upgraded my stone. I got a 2.70 brilliant cushion G, VVS1 obviously more than enough to stop my craziness, but honestly I wear my wedding ring way more than my e-ring. So my advice to you is, get a wedding ring you absolutely love and want. And something that you will want to keep forever. The e ring, if you really want another, you can upgrade at a later time and still have the sentimental value of your wedding ring. To be really honest a beautiful wedding ring, be it eternity band, plain, or different stones (sapphires, emeralds etc) is just as beautiful and looks;);) just as amazing as a big rock. Hope this helps...

3. #3 Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2010
    Exactly. Sounds like you went through the same thing. I had been wanting to get engaged for so long and was so excited for my ring. And I love it but yet I just wanted my center stone to be bigger - thats really the only change I would make. I think even 1/2 carat more would've satisifed me because 1.5 is what I had in mind all along. But its hard for me to think of getting anything else now since we just did get engaged! But I can get a nice wedding ring, and maybe save towards the upgrade. I would love to just upgrade my stone size and keep the same setting but sadly I found out my setting won't hold a 1.5 stone! :sad: But most of all it is really bugging me that I keep comparing size and itching for it to be a little bigger!

4. Exactly. Sounds like you went through the same thing. I had been wanting to get engaged for so long and was so excited for my ring. And I love it but yet I just wanted my center stone to be bigger - thats really the only change I would make. I think even 1/2 carat more would've satisifed me because 1.5 is what I had in mind all along. But its hard for me to think of getting anything else now since we just did get engaged! But I can get a nice wedding ring, and maybe save towards the upgrade. I would love to just upgrade my stone size and keep the same setting but sadly I found out my setting won't hold a 1.5 stone! :sad: But most of all it is really bugging me that I keep comparing size and itching for it to be a little bigger!

5. yeah . . . you know better. You cannot have 2 IDs here.

6. Please, just use your ONE original ID. Thanks.