Engagement Ring Advice - Leon, Kwiat or Tiffany

amelie689

O.G.
Dec 2, 2010
Hi Ladies,

I have been looking for rings and I have found these options and I would like your advice/thoughts comments on the following. With my budget, here are the possible options.

1. Leon Mege Princessa Solitaire Ring
Round Brilliant
1.01ct I SI1

2. Kwiat Classic Floating Basket Solitaire Ring
Round Brilliant
0.76ct H VS2

3. Tiffany Yellow Diamond Soleste
Cushion
0.35 Fancy Intense IF (Center)

I know the Soleste is different from the first two but I would like to throw it in there since I also like this setting.

The Leon Mege ring is at the top of my budget/price range and the rings I have listed are based on availability and the quotes I got from the vendors. I have only seen the Tiffany Soleste ring in person and the rest were quoted to me over the phone/via email. I know I would have to ask for more details once I have decided which one I would end up getting.

I have also considered the Tiffany setting and based on the quote I was given, I could get a larger size through Kwiat than Tiffany so I eliminated it from my choices.

Any tips/advice are very much appreciated. Thank you very much!! :smile::smile::smile:

I only have stock pictures from their respective websites.. Sorry.. I have not seen both the Leon and Kwiat rings in person.. Leon is obviously custom and we dont have a Kwiat boutique here in LA. Kwiat authorized resellers here don't have the classic solitaire ring too. :sad:

Id like more data on the stone Leon is proposing in his ring. I am not sure what the Princessa is, but is it micropave or JUST a solitaire?

Are you open to more options?

I've worked w/ LM and would again in a heartbeat . . . I'd choose his w/o knowing anymore than you've told us.

But, we can't give educated advice w/o stone specs.

Id like more data on the stone Leon is proposing in his ring. I am not sure what the Princessa is, but is it micropave or JUST a solitaire?

Are you open to more options?

The setting is a solitaire ring. Also the data i was given was what i mentioned above plus this

Cut - Ex, Symmetry - Ex, Polish - Ex and No Fluo

It was just an initial quote and I only submitted the request through their website.

thanks Ame!

The setting is a solitaire ring. Also the data i was given was what i mentioned above plus this

Cut - Ex, Symmetry - Ex, Polish - Ex and No Fluo

It was just an initial quote and I only submitted the request through their website.

thanks Ame!

Well, which style in images do you prefer most since you can't try them on. Obviously the FY cushion Soleste is a totally different look than either the Leon or the Kwiat. And the selection of a cushion/fancy is a little different. The size isn't as much an issue bec you're paying for color and brand here. But if that bothers you, rule that out now.

What I would have maybe an issue with as far as the Leon stone is the lack of Fluor on an I colored stone that I have not seen in person and the fact that it's an SI1 that again I have not seen in person. I would need images, ASETs, Idealscopes, etc. I would personally not be able to just rely on someone else selecting me a stone like that. What if you aren't happy with the stone when you get it? What if it's not eye clean to you? Kind of the same for the Kwiat, but maybe less so only bec of the H VS2 though I'd again still wanna see that in person as well.

i would probably give better opinion with pictures and more specifications...

I have been in search about my e-ring for 3 months and I wasn't happy with any setting quality except Harry Winston. Since we didn't want to pay for HW's huge mark up, I had hard time deciding until TPF member introduced me to Leon Mege. I had an appointment with Leon past Tuesday and his work was exceptional. We were at his office for hour and half and he gave us so many good input!!

I would definitely choose Leon!! Also, I would rather get bigger carat or better quality diamond than "brand name" like Tiffanys. I love brand names in shoes and bags but for diamond, i went to diamond district in NYC!!