Engagement and Wedding band

mickiechickie

Jan 29, 2008
Just curious...How many of you wear just one ring (engagement or wedding band) how many of you wear both? Sometimes I just like to wear my e-ring don't really know why. It could be that the space between the knuckle and my hand is very small so it always feels weird. Just curious. I have been married for 16 years so sometimes I feel bad if I don't wear the wedding band too.

sometimes I wear one or the other, depending upon my mood. My band is very modest, (not that my ering, 1.28 c is exactly bling), I sometimes want to be more inconspicuous with my jewelry.

My first ring was a separate engagement ring and wedding band which I wore together all of the time. Then after 5 years of marriage, I had the diamond reset into a wide band with diamonds that I wore by itself. I was told by my jeweler that it was a popular trend at the time. I was constantly asked by people if I had just gotten engaged or when the wedding date was. After wearing that ring for four more years, we decided to upgrade to a larger diamond and a new setting and I went back to two separate rings which I always wear together.

I only wear my ering. It's a filigree and pave setting with a lot of detail, and I couldn't find a band to go with it. Besides, even if I did, it would rub against the detailing and all the little diamonds.

And honestly, I didn't want to go custom---it's expensive and I just like the look of the ering by itself.

I have a band I can wear on my right hand if I want, but I never do.

It depends. I always wear my band and eternity ring, sometimes with or withough my engagement ring, and sometimes with a different ring altogether. I never wear my engagement ring by itself though.

I wear three bands almost all the time. Wedding band, e-ring, anniversary band. The only time I wear only the wedding band is when I am by my pool or traveling somewhere I don't think I need to be wearing so much for safety issues. And I don't take the three off for showering, sleeping, etc. They are just always on.

When I'm at the house, beach or at the gym, I only wear my wedding band. But when we go out I wear both. The important thing for me is that I ALWAYS have my wedding band on...that's the ring that lets everyone know you're married.