Energy line

I like these. Do you have one?
I was very close to buying the black plain backpack. It is very suitable as a travel backpack. The only reason I stopped myself is that I have another backpack of roughly the same size that I use for travelling and for activities like hiking and fishing. If I get this Energy backpack, I feel I am duplicating the current backpack I own. This energy backpack is not small. Quite deep so one might need some organisation like pouches to avoid rummaging for stuff. There is only one zippered compartment at the back of the bag and no slip pocket within the body of the bag.

I was very close to buying the black plain backpack. It is very suitable as a travel backpack. The only reason I stopped myself is that I have another backpack of roughly the same size that I use for travelling and for activities like hiking and fishing. If I get this Energy backpack, I feel I am duplicating the current backpack I own. This energy backpack is not small. Quite deep so one might need some organisation like pouches to avoid rummaging for stuff. There is only one zippered compartment at the back of the bag and no slip pocket within the body of the bag.
Thank you for the description, very helpful

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
As promised, I'm returning with an update on the Energy tote! I ordered the small top handle tote in hawthorn.

The pros:
The color is beautiful! I really love the taupe-y light brown that almost reads pink in some lights. It's a cool-toned color that is a great neutral, perfect for fall. I actually think the bag matches both black and brown thanks to the brown tones in the body and the black handles/details.

As usual with Le Pliage bags, it's very lightweight and seems durable. The canvas body feels thicker than that of my classic Le Pliage backpack, likely thanks to the recycled/upcycled fabric. The size is also great-- it holds SO much. For the parents out there, my favorite feature is the large inner pocket which is the PERFECT size for a few diapers (even toddler-sized ones) and a bag of wipes. This was a big win for me as I feel like I'm constantly digging around stray diapers in my other handbags.

The design is fun! It's definitely a trendy bag, but not so much so that it won't remain stylish as trends pass. The athletic touches are reminiscent of higher-end athletic brands like Lululemon and they're certainly on-trend. Some don't love the logo detailing along the zipper, but I think it adds a special touch and isn't too flashy. Notably, though, this is definitely a casual bag. It wouldn't quite blend with a nicer outfit or even most office wear (not a concern for me as I WFH, but hopefully a helpful tidbit. :tup:).

Although I haven't taken it out yet, it feels waterproof and I certainly feel it would be usable and sturdy-- even with my messy lifestyle as the working mom of a toddler. ;)

The cons:
I only have one other Longchamp bag, but I was disappointed with the comparative leather quality. It's VERY stiff and almost plastick-y to the touch, which was not was I expected. To be fair, though, it doesn't look like plastic and does maintain an attractive appearance. I may just be biased as I've recently been carrying a Celine tote which is a particularly nice leather.

Something I didn't notice when I was ordering the bag was that, unlike the traditional Le Pliage top handle totes, the strap for this bag is not removable. It's sewn onto the edges of the bag. This doesn't bother me since I wanted a crossbody and need to be hands-free, but it's worth noting if you're considering the purchase. Notably, the strap is fully adjustable, so you could shorten it to shoulder length or to a longer crossbody. (I'm 5'3" and the default length works for me, hitting a little below my hips when worn across the body.)

Finally, the big con for me is that my bag was made in China. Admittedly, it might be silly to be caught up on this, but it does cause some worries for me about the overall quality. Personally, I prefer bags that are made in Spain, France, or the US -- which is why I often shop with French brands.

Overall, I'm leaning toward keeping the bag, although I haven't removed the tags yet. I paid less than retail thanks to a Saks promo and a store credit I had, and I think it's worth what I paid. It will be a great bag to take to the park, on our autumn leaf-looking outings, or to the zoo with my toddler, so it works for my lifestyle.

If anyone has specific questions or would like photos, just let me know-- I'm happy to help. :yes:

Thank you for taking the time to share. It is valuable insight for some of us whom are not near to the boutique. I think this line fits your intended purpose but ultimately you will need to really like it for you to keep it.

Happy to help! I ended up returning it this morning— as you said, I needed to really like it and ultimately felt indifferent. The stitching and overall quality was messy, plus my Celine Cabas Phantom is ultimately a better option for my “mommy bag” needs. :smile:

Reactions: frenziedhandbag