Ending listing early - Feedback question

has anyone ended a listing early to sell to the highest bidder? can you still leave feedback for each other if you do that?
I had a thread in relation to a similar question when I was wondering whether I should do that which might be useful -it is pretty recent and packed with good advice from TPF members.

The other things someone once did for me when I was the highest bidder and she very kindly was keen for me to win the item even though there were a couple of days to run because she told me 'she was so stressed by the selling process and wanted to sell to someone nice and uncomplicated' was to change her listing so there was a BIN option at exactly the price I was bidding. I stood by and nabbed it the minute the revised list popped up!

Good luck

Too late for me to add a buy it now. Do you have the link or keywords to that thread you mentioned? Thanks!

I had a thread in relation to a similar question when I was wondering whether I should do that which might be useful -it is pretty recent and packed with good advice from TPF members.

The other things someone once did for me when I was the highest bidder and she very kindly was keen for me to win the item even though there were a couple of days to run because she told me 'she was so stressed by the selling process and wanted to sell to someone nice and uncomplicated' was to change her listing so there was a BIN option at exactly the price I was bidding. I stood by and nabbed it the minute the revised list popped up!

Good luck

I think the way 'my' seller did it was to cancel the listing and start again as a brand new listing retaining all details obviously but adding the BIN option because as you rightly say once there are bids, BIN is no longer possible by revision - a hassle, but it worked. . .

The other thread was called something like 'what would you do? demand way exceeds expectation' and I started it about this time last week.

I just don't want to have to pay more fees to relist it with a Buy it now.

Well, to get back to my original question - can feedback be left if I sell to the highest bidder? Also, do I get my reserve price listing fee refunded if the reserve is met by the highest bidder? Thanks everyone!

Hi again, sorry I don't know the answer to either of those questions. I think any sale not processed through Ebay will make leaving feedback impossible, so it is a question of whether you can ensure the highest bidder goes through Ebay with her purchase, but perhaps other TPF members can do better than me in helping you. . .

Sorry - I don't know the answer to your questions, but I recently used LiveHelp on eBay and it was a very helpful and pleasant experience. My question was only how to end a listing without bids early though. Perhaps you could try that?

has anyone ended a listing early to sell to the highest bidder? can you still leave feedback for each other if you do that?

This is easy to do, causes no problems, and feedback can be left just like any other eBay transaction.

Make a note of the item ID (near the top right hand corenr of the lisitng page) and go here:
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EndingMyAuction

On this form you have the choice to end the auction (becasue the item is lost, damaged, etc.) OR OF SELLING IT TO THE CURRENT HIGH BIDDER. This is completely within eBay rules and the transaction is completed lormally from that point on, including feedback.

Hope this helps =)

This is easy to do, causes no problems, and feedback can be left just like any other eBay transaction.

Make a note of the item ID (near the top right hand corenr of the lisitng page) and go here:
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EndingMyAuction

On this form you have the choice to end the auction (becasue the item is lost, damaged, etc.) OR OF SELLING IT TO THE CURRENT HIGH BIDDER. This is completely within eBay rules and the transaction is completed normally from that point on, including feedback.

Hope this helps =)