Ending 2006 Without Your First Birkin

There isn't a real Hermes boutique within 250 miles of me, and trying to work with someone so far away seems to require more diligence than I'm willing to give it at the moment.

I've passed up one or two on the secondary market recently, because I've been reluctant to spend. Ending this year debt-free is incredibly important to me and I want to maintain my safety net. Somehow, it always seems as if something expensive and unexpected happens during the week between Christmas and New Year's. This year, I'm prepared :smile:

i feel like im looking but not really too die hard and if the right moment comes then i will purchase my birkin..

i travelled for work during the summer but didnt find any at the following stores:

vancouver, sf, dc..

though i am finally on the list at the vancouver store

my cousin found a gold with ph at the toronto store for me but i just feel like i should be the one to buy it directly and not through someone else

i plan to go to paris for my 30th bday on 07. ive never been so i am going to press my luck there=)

07 will definitely be my birkin year...crossing fingers & wish me luck..

:smile: LUCK!!:smile:

I think I'll have to wait until around 2010? haha. I would like a Birkin one day, but right now I don't want one enough to justify spending all that money on it. Maybe when I'm a bit older? I think it would make the perfect 21st present in 3 years time.

I am more than ready for my first birkin....DH, well, not so ready. I want a black togo or chevre, with palladuim hardware. I am not sure about the size, maybe 30 or 35. I think I am going to have to really have to work on him for this one. He just does not get it.

Good luck to you all! One or all of you may just find your Birkin by 12/31, you never know. Read all the wonderful stories by fellow PFers, and you'll know that it's not too farfetched.

I am more than ready for my first birkin....DH, well, not so ready. I want a black togo or chevre, with palladuim hardware. I am not sure about the size, maybe 30 or 35. I think I am going to have to really have to work on him for this one. He just does not get it.

Don't worry, my DH is slowly warming up to the idea :P. I have been showing him the birkin prices on ebay for used and new ones. Quality stuff! It did help when he loves the style of the birkins and kellys. It's the prices he is not used to yet, he has no ideas on bags, but when it's about cars, he know exactly how much they costs! :roflmfao:

I just told him this morning on my way to work. I am in love with French, Swiss, German and Swedish :smile:

French - Hermes Bags
Swiss watches - Rolex, Maurice Lacroix
Swedish - Saab Car
German Technology - Bosch, Philips, Karcher

I *KNOW* he will eventually get it :jammin: